4 | Damon

Damon

Keep your hands to yourself, Damon!

How could I be so stupid and touch her face?! Yes, she is stunning, feisty, and one hundred percent my type, but I don't even know her name! But I'll find out sooner or later. I promise that.

I walk out into the shop and see everyone standing around. They were talking about something, but stopped when I entered the room. Happens a lot. "How's the car?" I ask the crowd.

"It's good. Still got a little bit though." Josh answers.

"Okay." I walk up to the car and take the pack of smokes and the lighter I find throwing them into the garbage where they belong.

- 55 minutes pass, 7:59pm -

After some chatting, Josh finally announces that he is done. "Can you drive it to the front?" Josh asks me.

"Sure." I shrug. We take the car off the machine and He tosses me the keys and I climb in and wait for the garage door to be opened. As I wait, I look around to see how nice the car is. It looks very well kept. Once the door is open, I back out into the parking lot and Jane Doe is already waiting for her car.

She is wearing her sunglasses, covering her beautiful emerald eyes, with her hair put effortlessly into a messy bun. I take the time to look at her again as I get out of the car. She is wearing light ripped jeans and I see some ink through one of the rips in her thigh. Her leather jacket is draped over her forearm and she has a full sleeve tattoo on her right arm. She seems so perfect, but at the same time so imperfect.

"Like what you see?" She taunts catching my gaze.

But ignore her question. "Who are you?" I ask again, handing her her keys.

She just simply rolls her eyes and walks past me getting into her car. Josh comes out of the shop, "Once again! I'm so sorry!" He yells as she drives away. "I think she likes me." He says with dreams in his eyes.

"Sure, buddy. Sure." I say patting his back.

We walk back into the shop and Josh cleans off his workstation. "What did those guys want?" He asks me.

I sit down at another station and begin to work on another car. "To taunt me." I answer.

"Oh. Any trouble?" Josh squeaks.

"None whatsoever. They are pathetic." I state. I look over to him and see the worry in his eyes. "Josh, don't worry about it." I assure him. He shows me a brief smile then continues cleaning.

Josh is young. Too young for this kind of life. I didn't want him anywhere near this kind of thing. But he did. He dropped out of school so he seemed "tough" enough for this lifestyle- or so he said. I know he was bullied, and beat from time to time, but he never said anything. So he joined last year. And when people come by to "visit" I see that she is scared.

Our mom dies while giving birth to Josh. He always beat himself up over it. Our dad raised us best he could alone. He was so upset when mom died. And when he passed, he left the Crip to me to run when I was just twenty-two. But I'm twenty-eight now. I know how to run this gang right. It's a blood run gang. So it'll go to Josh when I die. And I'm not sure if he could handle that.

I look back over to my brother. He is starting on another car. He looks so calm. But I know deep down, that he isn't. One of my biggest lie regrets was allowing him to come aboard this train, that only stops when you're dead.