31 | Damon

Damon

- 9:54 am -

"Boss." Allen says walking into my office.

"Yea?" I ask looking up.

"There was a tow this morning, and the car is in the lot a-and."

"Spit it out." I say angrily.

"It's Astrid's car." He states.

"What?" I rush out of the room and outside into the lot. I hear Allen right behind. Josh is in the car looking through it. "What did you find?" I ask.

"A pack of smoke, lighter. And an entire wardrobe in the trunk." Josh states.

I go to the trunk and shuffle through the clothes. It's like she lives out of this car. Then I notice a long scratch on the side. "What happened here?" I ask.

"That happened when we were getting it onto the tow truck." Allen states.

"Okay. Find anything else?" I ask as I throw out the smokes.

"We did a full inspection, and found some Nitrous Oxide mixed in with the fuel." He answers.

Nitrous Oxide is commonly known as "laughing gas". Drag racers put it in with their fuel to create more oxygen during combustion in the engine making the car go faster and be more gas efficient. It's really awesome to drive with, and really illegal. Astrid must really like her speedy car.

"Okay. When she comes to pick up her car, send her to my office." I order.

"Yes, boss." He answers.

I walk back to my office and wait, twiddling my thumbs.

- 1:49 pm -

"Boss!" Josh exclaims, bursting into my office.

"What?" I ask frantically, standing up from my desk.

"Astrid just punched Allen." He answers.

I chuckle. "Jeez." I rush downstairs, Josh close behind. I get to the lobby of the shop. Allen is standing up holding his nose. Astrid wears a smirk, and there is a little boy laughing as he asks Allen if he is okay. I see the big bruise on Astrid's eye. I am so disgusted with myself. "What the hell Astrid?" I exclaim trying not to laugh.

"Watch your language! Child!" She mostions to the boy. I think it's the Sheriff's son, her brother. He laughs again. "Now," She turns back to Allen who is angry. "Where is my car?!" She asks.

"It's in the shop! Like I said!" Allen yells. He is furious.

"It's not there." She says.

"It's in the lot. We moved it to the lot." Josh chimes in.

"You are just so helpful." Astrid says as her and the boy walks out, both laughing. I think she is keeping an act for the boy.

Josh and I walk out of the lobby, following her. The boy opens the car door for Astrid and she gets in thanking him. He gets in the middle back seat after. She rolls her window down and waves as she drives out of the lot.

Allen walks out with a huff. "She didn't pay for the tow." He scoffs. I turn to him with dead eyes. "Jeez, sorry." He mumbles, putting his hands in the air.

I walk back inside and down to the basement. And before I know it everything I put my hands on, ends up on the ground, shattered. Times like this, I could really use a drink. Sometimes it's so tempting. But I can't. Last time I had alcohol I was almost killed in ancedent. And I wasn't the nicest drunk. So I haven't had a drink in just about seven years.

I just need to find something else to do to get my mind off it. Usually I'll just go workout. But I have work to do. So, I walk back up stairs into my office. I sit in my chair and throw myself into work.