33 | Damon

Damon

- 10:46 am -

I've been awake for a while now. I made Astrid breakfast about five minutes ago. So now I've been just laying here waiting for her to wake up, watching here. Not in a creepy way. She looks so adorable. Her lips slightly parted, long hair a mess. She is laying on her stomach, the blankets up to her neck. Her breathing is soft, and light. Astrid is just so beautiful.

But then her breathing hitches and she starts to wake up. I put my head back down and acted like I wasn't staring at her. I hear Astrid sit up. "Good morning." I say. Moy voice comes out raspy.

"Morning." She says while stretching. Her voice is strained.

"How did you sleep?" I ask sitting up.

She smiles, leaning against the headboard. "Yea. You?"

"You kick a lot." I tease.

"I do?!" She asks, laughing a little.

"No, I'm just messing with you." I laugh.

She takes a pillow and throws it at me playfully. I act like it actually hurt me and she laughs with a beautiful smile. But suddenly it fades. "Thank you." She says.

"For what?" I ask, even though I know the answer.

"For getting rid of Rowan." She answers.

"For rescuing you?" I mock with a smug smile.

"Whatever you want to call it. But thank you." She smiles.

I can tell she is happier. Her smiles are actually real. She used to only smile when she was mocking me, or Josh. But I guess she was happy with that boy. But now she does nothing but. "Are you hungry?" I ask her.

"Starving!" She exclaims. I stand up and bring her the tray of food. "You made this?" She asks stuffing french toast into her mouth.

"Yea." I say hoping she doesn't ask when. "Is it good?"

"Very." She says as she shoves a fork full into my face. I take the bit and she smiles. "Good right?"

"It's good." I reply.

As she eats we chat. And as we do I can't help but notice how different she is. She is still snappy, badass, Astrid, but happier. The way she laughs and stuffs food into her mouth with no shame, and the way she seems so comfortable with me of all people, Astrid is so perfect.

"Earth to Damon. You're staring." Astrid says waving her hands in front of my face.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"You're fine." She says finishing her food.

"Do you want anything else?" I offer.

"No, I'm full." She says patting her stomach. "Thanks again."

"Stop saying that. No need to thank me." I say to her.

We stare at each other for a little while. Her emerald eyes dance around my face. I hope she likes what she sees. Who am I kidding. I don't have a chance. "God, you're beautiful." Crap! I said that out loud!

She looks taken aback a little. "Thanks. You're handsome, I guess." She compliments.

"'I guess'?" I repeat.

"You are handsome." She says rolling her eyes.

After I stare at her eyes a little more I remember something. "Oh! I almost forgot." I say getting up from the bed.

"What?" She questions.

"I have a surprise for you." I state.

"What is it?" She questions.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, silly." I tease. She shoots me a questioning look. "All I'm going to say is: that I think you'll like it."

"Fine. But I hate surprises." She complains.

"It's worth the wait." I state. It makes her smile, and possibly blush.

"I grabbed some clothes from your car for you." I say bringing her a pile of folded clothes.

"Thanks." She says looking at them.

"Go on and get changed, go to the bathroom if you'd like." I offer pointing to my bathroom.

"Sure." She says bring the clothes into the bathroom and close the door.