34 | Astrid

Astrid

- 10:53 am -

I'm so happy right now. I look at my gross self in the mirror and accept it. I look great! My life in that hell hole is over! I'm free! And it's all thanks to Damon. He saved me. My eyes are so shiny, not with tears, but with hope. They aren't angry, or droopy. They are happy. I don't think I have ever felt this way before.

I change into the white v-neck Damon picked for me, but my black bra is too apparent. So I just take the shirt off and put the ripped denim jacket over it. I put on the pair of leggings, thankfully they are high waisted. I look in the mirror, and I look fine. I try to smooth down my hair, but it's unruly. SoI just braided it down the side.

Once I'm dressed, I look through the medicine cabinet and find some mouthwash, and swish it in my mouth and when the mintiness burns my eyes I spit it out. With one last look in the mirror, I walk out of the bathroom.

Damon is sitting on the edge of his bed, tying his sneakers. He is wearing dark blue jeans, with a black sweatshirt. He looks up to me. "You look great. I forgot shoes so I went back down to your car and grabbed some sneakers." He says.

"Thanks." I say as she hands me the shoes.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks after I slip on my shoes.

"Yes, I am." I answer with a smile.

Damon leads me downstairs and to the parking lot to his bike. "So we can either take my bike, or drive your car." He suggests.

"Hmm." I look to my car, then to the bike. "Let's take the bike." I say.

"Sounds good." He says handing me a helmet.

I take it and put it on. Damon takes a seat on the bike and I sit behind him. He jerks the bike forward, one hundred percent on purpose and I cling to his torso. I hear a soft chuckle and he pulls out of the parking lot and we go down the road. I look around at the sights and it's so pretty. I love my car, and driving it, but a bike is fun to ride. I keep my arms around his torso and look at the trees and other cars as they pass by.

- 11:38 pm -

After a while, he pulls into a parking lot with a building labeled, Needle Master. Tattoo shop? What's he taking me here for? We get off the bike and I hand him the helmet looking at the building.

"A tattoo place?" I question.

"On Friday, I noticed that you had the Hustlers tattoo on your ribs. And since that's done, are you up for a cover up?" Damon says. "I trust this guy. He gave me all of mine. But if you don't want to-"

I cut him off and hugged him. I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his chest. "You are so thoughtful." I say. He puts his arms around my shoulders and puts his head on my head. "Thank you." I say.

"You don't need to thank me." He sighs.

"Just say 'you're welcome' damnit." I laugh.

He lets out a sigh. "You're welcome." He chuckles. I let go of him and smile up at his calming eyes. "Shall we?" He asks.

"We shall." I answer. "Just let me grab my wallet-"

"No, no need for that. I'm paying, no matter the price." He states.

"No- really?" He nods. "Thanks." I say. I'd rather not pay for a possible nine hundred dollar tattoo right now.

"Lets go." He says leading me into the shop.

"Damon Grey. Been a while." A man says, walking over to greet us and gives Damon a hug.

"Pierce. Good to see ya." Damon says with a smile.

"Who is this?" Pierce asks me.

"I'm Astrid." I say putting my arm out.

"Nice to meet you, Astrid." He says shaking my hand.

"Likewise." I think I like him, in a friendly way. He seems really nice.

"What can I do for you guys today?" Pierce asks.

"A cover up." Damon states. "For her." He adds.

"Cool. What are you thinking?" Pierce asks.

"Not really sure." I admit. I never really gave it any thought.

"Perfect! Lets plan!" He says enthusiastically, as he takes my hand and rushes me to a table. I look back at Damon and he is laughing as he follows us. Pierce gets out a tablet with a pen and we start to talk about what we are going to do. Every once and a while I look at Damon, he is sitting back watching with a grin.

- 1:56 pm -

We finally decide on dark roses, with their thorns. The sketch looks like something out of Maleficent. It looks really cool! I can't wait until I get it on my body. "Let's get you prepped!" Pierce exclaims.

We follow him to a workstation and he tells me to take a seat. I take off my jacket and hand it to Damon. I lay back on the table and pull up my bra to reveal the spot that will get done. "Now, for this cover up, it's going to be painful. Rib cage tattoos are painful." Pierce explains.

"I'm pretty tough." I say.

"Alright. Let's get started." The stencil goes on and he shows me what it looks like.

"It's perfect." I say. "Do you like it, Damon?" I catch him staring.

"It looks great, just perfect." Damon says. I don't answer, I just smile. Then the needle hits my skin and I clench my eyes shut and Damon immediately grabs my hand, and all the pain goes away.

I look over to Damon. He is smiling as he looks at me. I'm so thankful for him. This tattoo is so meaningful to me. It means I'm free from Rowan. I'm free from my father. I get to now live a life where I can be happy and do whatever I want! It kinda feels like a retirement, where I'm off work and now able to buy things for myself, and not having to live under a boss anymore. I am my own boss. I am free. I am F R E E!