20 | Astrid

Astrid

- Friday morning, 9:48 am -

Fight day. Big day. Gotta win. Focus with no distractions.

My breakfast consists of eggs, peanut butter, and a banana. With water to wash it all down. After breakfast I go for a quick jog around the campground. When I get back I eat some more peanut butter and then change into comfortable clothes and get into my car.

And I drive. WIth no destination. I just drive. Sometime- most of the time I just get in my car when I need to be calm, or calm down. Man, I love my car.

- 1:49 pm -

I get back to the camper and make some lunch. After I eat I set an alarm on my phone for five o'clock. I place my phone on the floor next to the bed and I lay my head down for a nap.

What seems like minutes go by, but my alarm goes off and I get into the shower. I make the water cold so it tightens my muscles so I can be awake for the match. After my shower I search for a razor so I can go over my legs. Thankfully I found one in an unopened pack.

I put my leg in the large sink and shave with dish soap. Once my legs are done, I run the blade over my armpit. After my skin is smooth I flip through the channels I search for WWE or if I'm lucky UFC. But I'm out of luck on both. So I continue looking even though I won't find anything. Oh. I stand corrected. I am pleased as I watch MMA. I sit back with an apple in my hand as I watch Jim Miller kick Pat Healy in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Watching things like this before a match helps me get in "the zone". It's a form of training for me. Plus, I like watching a good fight. After I finish my apple I get up and pack my bag with fresh gear: The new sports bra I bought when I first came here, a pair of spandex, binding tape or both my knuckles and top, boxing sneakers, and a pair of socks.

Now that everything is in my bag, I take it all out again and put it back in. It may be obsessive, but I don't want to be unprepared. Rowan has my ring side team, Coen, Fix, and Kade. provide me with water, and my meal before the fight. My team has always been my team. I won't have anyone else. They know what I need before I do, during a fight. I trust their instincts.

Now that my bag is packed for the third time, I change into my clothes I will wear on the way to the fight. I get out a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and put them on. I pair it with a match of slides. Before I walk out the door I check my bag again, this time adding my wallet, and hair stuff. My hair will be in a tight pony tail for the fight. I'll do it there, so I put a brush, spray, and lots of hair ties. Then I'm in my car driving down the road.

My windows are down, and my music is playing. And before I know it, I'm at the warehouse. Instead of parking a block away, I park behind the building, in case I can't walk a block to where I would have been. I walk into the building through the back door. I feel good, ready.

"Hey, Astrid." Coen says when I walk into the dinning hall.

"Hi." I answer, taking a seat.

"Here ya go." He says putting my plate in front of me.

It's filled with food, steak, mashed potatoes, and beans. With a side of ice chips. "Thanks." I say as I cut my meat, shoveling some into my mouth.

"So," He takes a seat across me. "When in the ring with Damon, he is much bigger than you. Stronger too. But we don't know his speed for sure. So the first round you need to find out what it is, so tease him, just a little bit." Coen explains.

"Okay, ya, that makes sense." I say shoveling more food into my mouth. "What does he have you doing a week?" I ask.

He takes a second to answer. "Three times a week."

"Really? I thought Rowan said you were done?" I ask.

"Nope, I still am going." He frowns.

"You can't be doing this anymore. Your wife just had your kid! I'll take your matches." I say before I can stop the words.

"No-"

"End of discussion." I grunt.

"We'll talk about this later." He grins.

"Will we?" I chuckle. He doesn't answer.

As I eat my meal, we talk about strategy, and about Coen's new daughter. She sounds really cute. I hope I can meet her one day. I hate to admit it, but I do love babies. But all baby talk aside, we talk about the match and the plan. Apparently he thinks he is fighting with Rowan. Damon is a fool for believing it. I almost laughed when Coen told me.

- 9:01 pm -

I rise from the dining table and Coen follows me as we walk to my locker room. That's when my panic begins to rise in my throat. I can't beat Damon. He's huge! I can't lose, my life would be like how it was when I ran away. Maybe if I could run away right now, so I don't have to fight. Or I could just... die. No, I can't do that to Charles. Think of Charles, he wants to see me again. Maybe if I'm lucky, Damon will take one look at me and back out? Would he even hit me?

The Crip stand for nothing, and everything at the same time. They are almost like the law enforcement gang. When they notice something they don't like they'll take care of it. I don't understand why Rowan would challenge him. And when Damon finds out that I'll be with him in that ring, a war could break out. I don't want to be anywhere near that.

But if he does continue the fight, I could die. I guess that's better than losing. Maybe I could just let him kill me. But if he doesn't kill me and I lose, my life would be hell. So it's either win, or die.

"Ash!" Coen says shaking my shoulders. That's when I realize I'm on the ground. He helps me to my feet. "You okay?" He asks me.

"Yea, yea." I brush him off.

"You need to get ready now. You've been on the ground for fifteen minutes, totally mute. You have fifteen minutes until the fight!" Coen exclaims.

This sends me into a panicked rush as I search my mag, emptying its contents onto the ground. "Where is my tape?!" I shout.

"It's right in front of you, hurry!" Coen pushes.

I rush as I undress and start to wrap the tape around my top. Then Coen turns to face me and helps me tighten it. Once that's done I put on my spandex and then my bra. While I wrap my hands, Coen ties my shoes. With little time to do my hair and I throw it up into a tight pony and brush through the tail with my fingers. I take some hair spray in my hand and push back my baby hairs. Once I'm assembled into my outfit I put on my robe and we walk out.

We walk into the room and I look at Damon. He looks angry as he takes his tank top off in one swift motion. He doesn't see me, but the crowd does. Everyone goes crazy looking my way, I hope Damon doesn't see me. I watch as Rowan and Damon meet in the center of the ring. That's my cue.