Chapter 3

Melanie was holding a knife to the young girls throat, furiously whispering in her ear. Jax pulled out his gun, holding it low by his side. The young girl gripped her mothers wrist. Fear was the only thing evident in her body.

"Stay back! She's mine and you can't have her!" Crystal dialed 911 on her cell phone behind her back.

The next few seconds passed in slow motion. Melanie raised the knife as the kitchen door burst open to reveal police officers raising their gun at Melanie.

"Freeze! Put the knife down, ma'am. Nice and easy, there we go. Now kick it over here. Good." Another officer grabbed her arms and wrestled them behind her back, cuffing them when close enough. The girl ran to Ms. James and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"It's going to be alright sweetie. Let's go and we can get you something to eat okay?"

¥¥¥

Jax, Tara, and Crystal were sitting in her office discussing what to do with the little girl, Lacey.

" We could take her in, couldn't we? I mean, we have the income and the space. She would feel right at home." Tara tossed it around her mind before reluctantly agreeing.

"So now that that's set, we will just go through the paperwork. Shoot, it's too late. Are you able to meet with me tomorrow? It'll only take a couple of hours and that includes packing her bags and getting her medical record." The couple nodded and that was the ending of their meeting.

Back at the motel, the rest of the Sons sitting around the pool area.

"So how'd it go baby?" Gemma Teller-Morrow spoke.

"Pretty good. We just gotta do paperwork tomorrow, pack 'er bags, get medical records and shit. Then we can go home." They all stayed outside for a while before going inside and eating dinner.

Lacey layed on the soft bed at Ms. James' house. It was completely silent since Crystal had gone to bed. The little girl sat up and looked around the room. She didn't really want to go with her father and his family. She would have much preferred her mother. But the child didn't have a choice.