Chapter 6

Lacey jolted in the bed before snapping open her eyes. She was in a small room and she could feel Abel laying next to her and hear Thomas sleeping in a playpen on the ground. As quietly as she could, Lacey slipped down the edge of the bed and walked to the door that was slightly ajar. Opening it, she was greeted with the sounds of many male voices. Timidly she stepped out of the room and left the door slightly open like it was.

In the bar area there were men in leather vests with the same designs. A few lady's were sitting or standing in clusters chatting and drinking. Across the room, Lacey saw the lady that was with Jax and Tara, her grandmother. Almost instantly she darted over to stand by her legs.

Gemma flinched when she felt smallish hands on her lower legs. Lyla looked down and saw the little blonde girl.

"Lacey, baby, what're doing up so early? I thought Ya woulda slept in longer." The girls head shook making her hair get in her face. Gemma smiled and crouched down to pick up Lacey.

She went over to the open couch and say down with Lacey on her lap. Untangling the girls hair with her fingers, Gemma pulled the honey colored cluster into pigtail braids. As she was done she heard her sons voice behind her.

"When did she wake up?" Jax asked directly to Gemma, seeing Lacey distracted by the on talking Lyla. Her fingers were twirling around Lyla's curly hair.
"I don't exactly know. I was talking to Lyla and she ran up behind me." Jax nodded, taking in the information.