Chapter 13

It was nearing noon when SAMCRO arrived in Eureka. They had left very early that morning. By the time they got to Melanie's house, it was too late. Police tape surrouned the house and half of the structure looked burnt.

"Lacey!" Jax called for his daugher, not having a response. He ducked under the tape to go into the house.

"Excuse me! Sir, you can't go in there! Sir!" A hand roughly grabbed Jax's shoulder, spinning him to come face to face with an older looking police officer.

He had short salt and peppered hair with a thin shadow of hair over his face. Obviously, he was dressed in a police uniform. Jax glared at the man in front of him but the officer didn't seem fazed.

"Where is my daugher!" Jax's voice rose as he spoke, angry and frustrated that he hadn't prevented this. That's when he saw a body bag. Tears filled his eyes as he thought the worst. Slowly, he stepped toward the bag. Chibs noticed and pulled Jax back. Juice walked to the open body bag. As soon as his eyes laid sight on the face, he let out a deep breath of relief.

"It's a guy! It's not Lacey!" Jax almost dropped with relief. Then reality pulled him back. His daugher was still out there.

And he was going to find her.