Chapter 11

At school :Lacey POV:
As soon as my butt made contact with the hard plastic chair, tears stung my eyes. My bottom hurt very much from daddy spanking me. But I sucked it up and continued with the day. When it was time for recess I pulled on my green jacket.
After a while of being outside I walked over to the brick wall and leaned against it. Someone walked and stood next to me.
"Hi baby." I looked up and saw my first mommy. I beamed, hoping she would have come to take me home with her.
"Mommy, are you here to take me with you? Can we go home?" Tears filled mommys eyes and I immediately felt bad. "I sorry. What wrong? Mommy I sorry." She smiled sadly and pulled me up onto her hip.
"We're going to go home and call daddy, ok baby?" Quickly nodding, she started walking away. As soon as we got to her car, she buckled me into my car seat and then got in the drivers seat. And we were off.

3:10 p.m. (Later that day)

Gemma rushed through the front doors of the school.

"Where's my granddaughter!" As soon as she had been contacted by the school, she called Jax and told him to get to the school. He still wasn't there.

"Mrs. Morrow-" She was cut off.

"Teller. Now, I'm gonna ask you one more time, teach." Gemma was interupted before she could finish her threat.

"Mom, leave her alone. What happened? Where's Lacey?" Concern was very evident in the young mans face. Able, who had been sitting at a table, ran to hug his father's legs.

"Daddy! A lady took Lacey!" Immediately, Jax led his eldest son to one of the tables and sat him down.

"What do you mean, Abel?" Said boys eyes dropped to his feet. "Abel, I need you to tell me what you saw. Can you do that?" Abel nodded.

"At recess Lacey was leaning against the wall. Then a lady with long hair came up to her and started talking. Lacey called her mommy. Is that true?" Jax's heart stopped at hearing this piece of information. It all made so much more sense.

At that moment, his prepaid phone rang in his pocket. Pulling it out, he hastily pressed answer. "Who is this?!" An airy laugh filled the speaker.

"Oh, Jackson. Always were impatient weren't you?" Melanie's voice slurred through the phone. An obvious sign she was drunk.

"Melanie, where is my daughter!" She giggled once again.

"You mean, MY daughter?" Her airy voice slurred once more.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Jackson Teller?"