Chapter 7

If one more person negatively comments on this chapter about my reference to the Hunger Games, I will eat you.

~Rebel's POV~

The dense grasp on my neck tightened and I struggled to breathe.

Porter may not be a good fighter, but he knew tactics and weaknesses. He was strong as well, if he wanted, he could've snapped my neck as soon as he got hold of me.

Considering he didn't, he had to have some ulterior motive.

I kicked my legs furiously, trying to hit a soft spot. But to no avail, his grip tightened even more.

By this time, my airway was completley cut off and I was unable to breathe. I let out a strangled scream, trying to attract attention of anything.

A person, an animal, hell even a walker would be good with me.

To my relief, Daryl ducked through the hole in the wall and Glenn came out of the dilapidated building that was diagonal from us.

Daryl raised his crossbow and Glenn stared at him like he was insane. I saw it too. If he shot Porter, I was going to go down with him.

I tried to shake my head but failed as Porter twisted my arm. He didn't do it quite hard enough, so no bones broke and it wasn't even dislocated.

Another scream escaped my mouth and I was surprised at how loud it was.

Rick ducked under the wall and his eyes widened at the scene in front of him. He seemed to catch on to what Daryl was hinting at and what Glenn and I was trying to point out to him. He leaned over and whispered something in his ear.

Daryl's eyes widened in realization and he lowered his crossbow. Time was running out and I could feel my face becoming hot. I couldn't find any solution other than what I had read in some book. 

"Come on! You guys too pussy to shoot me? Come on!" Porter shouted, probably attracting attention of a numerous amount of things. The main guy ran from under the wall and surveyed the situation. Nobody caught on to my solution as I flailed my hand up and down.

Dumbasses.

I locked eyes with Daryl and raised my arms slightly. I tapped my fingers on the opposite hand, trying to signal him what to do. He narrowed his eyes, like he was doubting the plan.

Believe me, I was too, but right now, we didn't have much time.

Daryl huffed, giving in to the plan. He raised his crossbow and aimed swiftly.

He rapidly pulled the trigger, sending the arrow flying into Porter's hand. Porter let out a cry of agony and released me. I collapsed to the ground on my knees, gasping for air.

I knew my face must've been a deep red or a light purple because there was heat freely flowing to my face and it felt like I was on fire.

Daryl kneeled beside me repeating four words over and over again. 

My vision went blurry with pain and my head started to whirl. I felt two warm hands gripping the side of my face and I forced my eyes back open. Passing out in this world was not too ideal.

I panted rapidly and tried to regain my composure. If Porter wanted a second attack, it wouldn't be hard to get. I focused on what Daryl was repeating to me,

"Rebel, are ye' hurt?" 

Just fine. I thought bitterly.

It's not like being strangled to near death took anything out of you. I shook my head and placed my hands over his, trying to pry them off. I needed space.