4: Release

**Megumi POV**

I tried to keep myself focused on just running quietly and quickly, but having her in my arms was making it difficult to think, let alone breathe.

She wasn't watching where we were going, she just nuzzled further into my chest. Her eyes were open but glossed over as if she really couldn't care less about her fate.

I didn't understand. I thought she'd be happier about this. We were saving her.

Then again, we found her tied up to fucking Naoya's bed... Maybe she was just still in shock over everything.

Did that happen to her often? I thought he hated her? But if he did, why would he have her there? Not only tied up, but dressed in practically nothing. It deepened my hatred for him.

We made it far outside the compound near the tree line before I set her down. It's the place we agreed to meet should we get separated.

Honestly, we were expecting things to go a lot smoother than they did, but it seems the Zenin's security ramped up recently. We weren't anticipating that, and now they probably know exactly who showed up and what they came for.

I'm glad we did it though. If we hadn't, she'd still be in bed with Naoya.

She dusted herself off lightly as she stood tall. The way she carried herself, it was as though there wasn't a single thing on this earth that could break her.

"You're a sorcerer then?" she asked as she finally looked up, not hesitating to connect her eyes to mine.

"Yes."

"Your age?" she questioned me as if she was the one in charge here, as if she just rescued me.

"18. About to graduate."

She nodded as she looked down at my jacket she was wearing. She was tall, so it didn't cover all of her. I refused to stare though. I refused to be anything like that monster who kept her as his own.

"From Jujutsu High right? Congratulations."

"Oh, uh, thank you."

She didn't smile but her eyes softened slightly, "And thank you, for letting me borrow your jacket."

"It's no problem."

Her eyes flickered briefly across my face before redirecting back towards where the compound was, "So now what?"

"The plan is to wait for the others."

She nodded before sitting down on the ground. She pulled her knees to her chest and then stretched my jacket out over her legs. I didn't mind at all though, I just wanted her to feel safe and comfortable with me.

After a moment of silence, I decided to sit next to her, "Can I ask how old you are?"

She glanced over at me, "I'm 19."

Naoya was close to Gojo's age, and that was almost enough to throw me into a rage. She's about 9 years younger than him. If I saw him again, I don't know if I'd be able to hold back.

"Y/n, right? Is it ok if I call you that?"

"Mm. And do you prefer Megumi or Fushiguro?"

"Megumi is fine."

"And the other two, the girl is Nobara and the boy is Yuuji?"

"Yea. Itadori Yuuji and Kugisaki Nobara. I'm sure they'll be fine with first names though."

The night air was brisk and cold, but the full moon illuminated everything, including her.

Her nose that pointed just slightly at the end. Her long, dark eyelashes. Her striking, hate-filled eyes. Her lips full and feminine but uninviting.