9: Beaten and Broken

i'm having so much fun changing pov's in this story lol. it's my new favorite thing to do.

**Yuuji POV**

We stood at the top of the staircase that led to the basement where Y/n was being held.

We were clueless as to what the hell was going on, but I knew it couldn't be good since Nanami left.

He never stayed when something happened that he disagreed with, which meant Y/n was suffering somehow.

Everything she endured, she didn't deserve it.

"How tall did you say she was?" Todo asked as he looked over at me.

"We didn't," Megumi immediately snapped.

"Shut up you boring man."

I shook my head, "I don't know man. Tall enough."

I really wasn't interested in thinking of her in that way, or having him do that to her either.

She seemed so kind every time I talked to her. Kind but just utterly exhausted.

I would be too.

I didn't understand it either. Sure I didn't know who she was, but I had Sukuna inside me, and no one treated me the way they treated her.

And have branded her with the mark of a devil. Why would anyone allow that?

This was a completely new side of sorcery I had never seen before, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it.

On one hand, I trusted Gojo and Geto with my life. On the other hand, this was a little much. Even for this world.

Suddenly, a sharp scream pierced through the silence, causing us all to snap our heads towards the sound.

Y/n...

Hurry up and go check on her you damn brat! Sukuna yelled inside my head.

He's actually right. I can't wait around any longer.

I had made up my mind and was reaching for the door when it flew open.

Megumi's eyes went wide as the figure appeared.

It was pretty obvious how he was feeling about her, and I'm sure this wasn't helping at all. First, the Zenin's were the ones responsible for her most recent torture.

And now...

"Dad?" he questioned in a mumble.

Toji was wiping his hands off on a rag, his knuckles bloody and bruised, meaning he's probably been the one causing her to cry out in pain.

Switch me right now Itadori!! Sukuna yelled again.

Seriously, now is not the time. I grumbled back.

If you're not going to take care of them, I will!!

"Megumi," Toji acknowledged.

"What..." he trailed off in a daze. "What did you do?"

"Mm," Toji nodded. "Gojo told me of your interest in the girl. But you need to keep your distance. She's much more dangerous than she appears."

"What the fuck did you do!?" Megumi had fully snapped, and when I went to put my hand on his shoulder, he completely pushed me off him.

"Your sensei's are weak, so I was paid to do what they couldn't."

With that, Megumi pushed past him, sprinting down the stairs to the basement. I immediately chased after him, Todo trailing somewhere behind us.