12: What not Who

**Gojo POV**

"She's walking?" Suguru mumbled out, his eyes widening as he stared off into the distance.

I snapped my head around, confused as I watched Y/n. It didn't look like she had a scratch on her, and her bones were clearly healed.

She was walking with Yuuji, smiling up at him as if nothing ever happened.

How?...

Fuck, she's so impressive. I don't know how to not be infatuated with her.

Still, this is just more proof that she's not who we thought she is. Humans can't heal themselves... Not like that anyway. Not overnight.

"Megumi," I called out, and he was staring at her too.

"Mm?" he mumbled, adverting his gaze downward.

He'd been so distraught since yesterday, but he didn't respond how we expected. He didn't go off on us or get angry... He's been shutting down instead.

I didn't understand what was going on, and I'd have to figure that out too. I couldn't let this girl ruin everything we've built.

These third years, they're the most impressive students I've seen. She couldn't interfere.

"Did you take her to Shoko yesterday?" I asked. I knew he didn't, but I had to make sure.

"No."

I looked at Y/n again. She really does remind me so much of her mother...

Umi would've been so proud.

Then it dawned on me. How the hell have I not asked this question sooner?

"Y/n," I called out as they approached.

Her smile dropped instantly, and she stared me dead in the eyes.

She was beaming at Yuuji, but the minute she heard my voice, every ounce of emotion was gone.

Her gaze was cold and deadly as she waited for me to speak.

"Who's your father?" I asked her.

She began to walk closer to us.

I was sitting at a table with Suguru. Nanami didn't even bother to show up today. Not that I can blame him. Yesterday spiraled out of control.

I couldn't bring myself to hurt Y/n, so instead, we asked for Toji to help get her to talk.

The mark of the devil was on her... And by my own fucking clan. I needed answers.

We thought she trusted him since she told him all about her life and technique. Apparently, that wasn't the case.

They didn't seem to like each other much at all. Even so, Toji just does whatever he's paid to do.

So when he showed up, she turned back into whatever alter ego she had to keep herself alive.

The one where she never backed down and was kind of a bitch and ready to fight... or die. She was ready for that too.

Or maybe it wasn't her alter ego. Maybe she is just that fucking crazy.

Either way, Toji only has one way of dealing with things, and it was the same for Y/n.

She threw her hands down on the tabletop in front of me. "You're pathetic," she snapped. "At least Naoya had the balls to hit me himself."