Detention Time

After school, I wandered the halls until the detention leader found me, then proceeded to scream at me for skipping detention. Not that I did it purposely. I just couldn't find my way to the detention room and couldn't be bothered to ask. All these teacher people were too uptight.

The short, slim, gray haired lady screamed some thing along the lines of: "KADENCE WEST! You are supposed to be in detention! It started half an hour ago!! Get your butt down to my detention room!!!"

"Okay, okay, I'm going," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, you bratty teenager." She squinted her beady eyes at me.

"You people here sure do like yelling," I commented, leisurely walking down the hallway away from her.

The janitor had already shut some of the lights off, so the hallways were dim. Dim and quiet. The only sounds were the teacher lady's high-heeled footsteps hurriedly following behind me and her huffs of frustration.

"This room here," The lady said, ushering me into a classroom. The room had a bunch of posters with quotes on them. Like: 'Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.' Plus others along those lines.

There was one particularly large one with a picture of a teen on it. The guy had a shaved headnand was covered in tattoos. The caption was something about not committing crimes or you'll end up like me.

"Hey, that kind of looks like my friend Gerard," I remarked, plopping down in a chair in the back corner.

There were only two other kids. One was a guy with a short mohawk. The other was a girl with jet black hair, the side bangs died electric blue. They sat next to each other in the front row.

Within minutes, I was extraordinarily bored. I found some books and binders in the desk. I picked one out, and threw it at the wall. I kind of liked the sound it made.

The teacher didn't even yell at me. I looked up to see that she was fast asleep on her desk. I shrugged and stood up, heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?" The girl asked. I turned around, my hand resting on the door handle.

"Leaving. She's asleep. Wanna come?"

The girl shrugged and stood up also. "Beats detention. Ralph, you coming?" She turned to the guy.

It seemed like they were regulars in detention together. I was sure I would be joining this little crew.

"Yeah sure." Ralph stood up and walked over to us. I turned the door handle, and we ventured back out into the dim hallway.

Ralph grabbed the girl's hand. "I'm Jessie, by the way," the girl said.

"Ralph, her boyfriend," Ralph chimed in.

"Kadence."

"Where are we going?" Jessie asked, hurrying to catch up to my fast paced walk.

"To wreak havoc, of course. Us, and the sleeping teacher, are the only ones in the school."

"Havoc, I like it. What exactly you got in mind?" Ralph asked.

"Whatever you guys want to do, now's the time to do it."

"I've always wanted to trash stupid Principal Evans's office," Jessie said, a wild smile on her face, and a crazy look in her eyes.

"Let's do it then!" I said, and we started sprinting to Principal Evans's room.

All the way, Jessie and Ralph were complaining about Principal Evans. "He always makes us call him Principal Evans, instead of just Mr. Evans."

"Whenever he yells at you, he gets right in your face, and his breath smells terrible."

We stopped in front of the office. "It's go time," I said.

We walked in. We ripped everything off the walls, dumped all the trash out, ripped up all of the papers on his desk, and just totally wrecked it. Then we spray painted swears on his walls. It was pretty fun, the most fun I'd had since I was released from jail.

We left, after we finished and went back to the detention room, for the remaining minute and a half.

The teacher was still asleep, when we walked in. I smirked, and took my seat. Just as the clock struck 4:00, the teacher woke up, as her iPhone buzzed. She must have had an alarm set.

She gave us a stern look, then sent us off. My ride, otherwise known as Diana, had already left a while before, so I had to walk. There was a slight issue with that, however. It was my first day, so I didn't know how to get home. I didn't have a phone, so I couldn't call anyone, not that I had anyone to call.

Jessie walked up to me. "Do you need a ride?" She asked, motioning to a car with a middle aged adult in it.

"Nope," I said, and started walking.

I walked in the general direction that I thought it was. "Uh, are you sure?" Jessie ran to catch up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied, sprinting away from her. She was getting on my nerves.

Jessie stopped jogging and turned around. "If you're sure." She walked back to her car.

I walked around for about half an hour, when Nina came rushing up to me. "Where have you been?" She asked.

"I was at detention, then I got lost."

"Well, we have to hurry up, Diana is going to be livid, when she finds out you were late because of detention."

"It was not my fault, but it sure was fun."

Nina gave me a knowing glare, before running off and motioning for me to follow. We ran the rest of the way home. It was short, only about five minutes.

We got into the house, and Diana was standing in the foyer, hands on her hips, glaring straight at us.

"Hi," I said, walking past her and into the kitchen, "Something smells good."

"Dinner, which you aren't allowed to have, because of your detention," Diana said, none too softly grabbing my wrist.

"Uh oh, closet time," Nina whispered to me.

"Nina, you may go to dinner. As for you, Kadence, you come with me." Diana pulled me with her to a coat closet in the living room. "In." She shoved me forwards, and into the dark, small closet I went. It was stuffy, pitch black, and crowded in that closet.

"You will stay in there for half an hour," Diana yelled from the other side of the door.

"This sucks," I muttered, trying to position myself comfortably. To make matters worse, I really had to go to the bathroom, it was an emergency.

Desperate times, call for desperate measures, so I ended up peeing in some box I found. It kind of made the closet smell a little bit, but it was better than a bladder explosion.

Half an hour later, the closet door opened, and I was greeted a burst of light erupting into the closet. I smiled and jumped out.

"Oh, glorious freedom!" I exclaimed, bending down to stretch.

"Why does it smell so bad in there?" Shane asked, stepping into the living room.

"I peed in a box, and now I'm going to sleep." I said, rushing past them and up the stairs.

Hey! The song is We Will Rock You by Queen.