Confession

The guards kept Axl in isolation for two weeks. I wasn't able to see him, no one was. That was kind of the point of isolation.

Anyways, when he was finally released to be with the rest of us again, he approached me right away.

I was sitting eating dinner. My parents had just left, leaving me there to finish my food by myself.

Also known as the perfect opportunity for a hot guy to approach me.

"I'm so sorry, Kadence," Axl said, sitting down next to me. "For what?" I asked, setting my fork down.

I wasn't a pretty eater, so it wasn't something I needed Axl to witness while he was apologizing.

"For trying to escape without you," Axl replied, as if it were supposed to be obvious.

"Oh, that's fine. I don't want to escape. This is my home, I thought you knew that. I didn't think you wanted to escape either," I said, scrunching my eyebrows together at the end.

"I didn't really want to. I was just frustrated."

"Why were you frustrated?" I questioned.

"Because. Um, because, I like you and you don't know," Axl said quietly, like he was nervous.

"What do you mean you like me?" I asked, still confused.

"God, Kadence, why are you so stupid?" He stood up, raising his voice.

"I'm not stupid, Axl," I replied, "I just don't get what you mean." I refused to weaken because of his change of tone.

Axl dropped back into his seat, seeming to calm down a little. He leaned close to me, our lips only inches apart.

"I like you. Like like you. But you don't even think about me like that. You're not interested in me at all," Axl said, avoiding my eyes.

"Who's says I'm not?" I smirked slightly and equally leaned closer.

Axl's eyes lit up. I smiled and he followed suit.

Before I knew it, Axl had closed the distance and his lips were on mine. It was my first kiss, so I didn't really know where to put my hands.

He cupped my face in his hands. I decided to just put my hands on the back of his neck.

It felt like fireworks bursting all over the place. It was a heck of a first kiss. This certainly wasn't his first time at the rodeo.

After a few seconds, I pulled away a little bit.

I pressed our foreheads together, and looked at Axl. He had a smile on his face. I'm sure mine matched his.