Bonus: Axl's Point of View

I had really messed up that time. I was in jail. Real jail. I had just turned eighteen, so I was with all the adults.

I had done something bad to these three big, buff men, which along with all my other sins, landed me in jail. I hadn't meant to mess with such dangerous guys, it just kind of happened. Everything happens for a reason, right?

Anyways, these three men, whose names were Skull Crusher, Bone Breaker, and Kenny, were pissed at me. In jail, I managed to hide from them for a single day, until they found me.

I was just minding my own business, eating some food, when they got me. They stormed up to me and ripped me to my feet.

I was hopelessly out numbered and out muscled. so pretty soon, they were ripping my shirt off, don't ask me why, then pounding away at me. It was kind of embarrassing.

I was all bloody and bruised. I think the guards deliberately took forever to break us up, just so they could give me payback. They were trying to teach me a lesson, I think.

Finally, they broke it up. The guards were not gentle about it at all, though. They just threw me into the ground and threatened the other guys.

Bone Breaker, Skull Crusher, and Kenny, walked away, shaking out their fists and grumbling. I knew that if they weren't stopped, they would have finished the job and finished my life.

Prisoners never like guards, but in that moment, I wanted to hug them. They literally had just saved my life.

I coughed, and choked up some thick, hot, red blood. Blood poured from my nose, and I'm sure I had a ton of bruises.

I began to crawl away. Then I felt someone's eyes on me.

I looked across the room, to see the prettiest girl I had ever seen, looking at me. She was absolutely stunning.

She looked too young to be in jail. Maybe a year or two younger than me.

I returned her gaze, then tilted the end of my mouth up, in a small smile. It was all I could manage. She even gave me a smile back, then I turned and left the room, before I could do anything stupid. I already looked the part, I didn't need to act it too.

I got cleaned up a little bit in the sink. Painful bruises still covered my body though. Those weren't going away any time soon.

I was walking along, when I bumped into someone. The person bounced off my chest and fell to the floor with a heavy thud. I heard a high pitched noise, so looked down at the person.

If it was anyone else, I would have just walked away and left them there, but then I noticed who it was. It was the girl from earlier, the one that was staring at me.

"Oh! I'm sorry," I said, then reached my hand out. Her warm, soft hand grasped mine, and I easily pulled her to her small feet.

"That's okay. It was my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going." Her voice matched her look, beautiful. She was confident, I liked that.

"I'm Axl," I said, a little nervously. I tried to thwack some sense into my mind. I was never nervous. Not even when I was thrown into jail. She was hot, with a capital H.

"Kadence." Wow. A beautiful name to match a beautiful person. She was just all around perfect.

"You look a little young to be in here," I said, mostly just to keep our conversation going, though I had noticed that she did look a little young.

"I'm underage, seventeen." There was laughter laced into her sweet voice.

"How are you in jail at seventeen? You aren't even a legal adult yet? I'm eighteen."

"Long story," Kadence said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. I wanted to reach over and do it myself, but I didn't.

I didn't want our conversation to end there. I wanted to hear this long story. I was honestly willing to hear a long story about the consistency of sheep's wool, if she wanted to tell me.

"Well, it's a long story that you are going to tell me tomorrow," I said, giving her my signature smirk.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," Kadence said, a mischievous smile on her face.

"It's a date," I said, then winked, before walking away.

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough.

Who knew positive things could come out of jail? I sure didn't. Maybe Kadence did. She didn't look like a beginner here. Did I? Did I reek of the junior scent? I hoped not. That would be embarrassing.