Him

I was eating the next night, with my family and friends. I scanned the room, as I mixed up my slop in a bowl that they claimed was food.

But, I don't mean to complain. You get used to the crappy food. When your whole life was spent here, it tasted like grandma's homemade cooking.

Suddenly, three big, muscly men came in dragging a smaller guy by his arms. He looked to be around my age, maybe a year older.

His shirt was off, and let me tell you, his body was fine. Actually, he was fine in general.

He had dark, short hair, and deep brown eyes. Eyes so deep, it was like you could fall into them. He was equipped with a sharp jaw line, and even though there was a tight grimace on his face, I could somehow tell that there would be an award winning smile underneath the pain.

The group was only about four feet from me, so I could see everything that happened clearly. I put my fork down, and turned my full attention to the group.

The three other guys were much bigger, and more muscly. They all had tattoo arms sleeves of menacing things.

One guy had a giant shark on his upper arm, leading up to what looked like a big bite taken out of his skin.

Another had a giant serpent snake thing, that twirled around his lower arm, and looked posed to attack the top of his shoulder.

The last had a big picture of the devil on one arm, and a hand sticking up the middle finger on the other. Pleasant, right?

They looked like they were angry. The men screamed at him and laughed. They pounded away at his face with their meaty fists.

Blood was pouring from his nose, and he coughed up some more blood. Bruises lines his jaw, and there was a purple rim around his left eye.

They roughed him up for a little bit longer, before some guards stepped in to break it up. They didn't always break up fights, only when they got bad enough.

I couldn't tear my eyes off of him, as he limped away from the guys. I had never had a crush before, but there had to be a first time for everything.

Our eyes met as he left the room. He hesitated by the door, just for a second, just holding my eye contact, with a somewhat curious expression on his face.

I tilted the corner of my mouth up, in a small smile, and he returned the favor, before ducking out of the room, leaving me there grinning like an idiot.

Later that night, I was heading back to where I slept, when I bumped into the guy from earlier. Like literally. I wasn't watching where I was going, so I bumped right into him.

I hit his hard abs and chest. They knocked me onto my booty on the ground. I groaned and looked up.

"Oh! I'm sorry," he said, then extended his hand to help me up. I grabbed it, and he hauled me to my feet.

His hand was soft and warm, but not sweatily warm, just comfortably warm.

"That's okay, it's my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going," I said, giving him a smile.

"I'm Axl," he said, dropping my hand and returning the smile.

"Kadence."

"You look a little young to be in here. How old are you, exactly?" He talked like an educated person, not a high school dropout, like most of the young guys here.

"I'm underage, 17."

"How are you in jail at 17? You aren't even a legal adult! I'm 18."

"Long story."

"Well, it's a long story that you are going to tell me tomorrow, since lights out is soon."

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I grinned.

"It's a date." He winked, before walking away. I watched him leave contently.

"See you then," I whispered, then did a little happy dance back to my cell.

Big things are coming people!Anyways, I'm thinking of doing a bonus chapter of Axl's point of view. It will be this chapter from his stand point. So it will show how he got into the fight, why he's in jail, his thoughts on Kadence, and more. Comment what you think about that!

Jail BabyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara