Chapter 7

I woke up not feeling well. I was stressed.

Today I will finally meet Dan and Max. Will they accept me?

I sincerely hope it won't be a nerve-racking experience like my first meeting with Charles.

I went downstairs to the kitchen Max was already eating his breakfast.

He had dark blonde middle-length hair, they were tied in a bun. His eyes were blue. He was wearing a black turtleneck that showed his abs and pants in the same color.

He didn't look happy at all even though he won a freaking golden medal yesterday.

He was eating oatmeal with fruits staring at his meal with a grim expression.

Charles who was also already in the kitchen opted for scrambled eggs and a turkey sandwich with whole-grain bread.

I greeted them both in a sleepy voice, I got an enthusiastic "Good morning" from Charles and a quiet "Hi" from Max.

I prepared black tea, no sugar for myself. I wasn't hungry anyway.

"Where is Dan?" I asked trying to stop an awkward quietness.

"At friend's house" Charles explained without elaborating. I noticed that Max has a split lip but I didn't want to pry so I decided to focus on finishing my beverage.

"Are you waiting for someone to make you breakfast princess?" Max scoffed annoyed while looking at me with an openly hostile look.

"That's my breakfast," I said as I grabbed my tea in both hands protectively. "I'm not hungry" I added as both of my brothers send me questioning looks.

"Drinking tea doesn't count as breakfast Ellie, I want you to eat something" Charles scolded me. "I can make you a sandwich if you want"

He stood up from his seat and in response, I jumped toward the kitchen counter and started making preparing food for myself before he could do anything.

"And you" Charles leaned dangerously close to Max's side. "What is your deal? Father was expecting you to see you both home tonight you came alone, he told you to be nice to Ellie and you're acting like a little shit. What's going on?"

"Nothing. Sorry" Max muttered as he stubbornly was looking at his plate.

"I will ask her how have you been acting towards her when she's back from school if I don't like an answer we're going to have a problem"

"What are you her knight in shining armor?" Max asked annoyed.

"Aw, what's this are you jealous you're not a baby of the house anymore, Princess?" Charles mocked in a childish voice.

"Fuck off" Max muttered under his nose. "Hey you, yes you," he said towards me "you have 5 minutes and we're leaving," Max said and left the kitchen.

"What about Russell?" I asked not really happy by the prospect of driving to school with someone who seems to hate me.

"He will be your driver when Dan and Max aren't available. For example on Wednesdays, Tuesdays, and Fridays they have training right after school so they won't be taking you home, instead, Russell will. Other than that you need to count on them. I know Max can be difficult but he will come around, give him a little time to adjust. And if he's mean just let me know"

"Get up and let's get going" Max reappeared wearing a beige coat and car keys.

We entered the garage it was more like a hall and had several shiny new-looking cars. All I could do was looking with my mouth open. How wealthy my family was exactly? How well was the prosecutor's job paid did we also get the money from somewhere else? It was just too much for me. I came from a completely different world.

"Stop staring and get in," Max said in a monotonous voice. Wow, he really didn't like me huh?

I sat in the back seat of the car to keep my distance from him, he didn't comment on that.

The ride was quiet when we arrived he turned around to face me and said "Do me a favor and don't bother me at school unless it's necessary. Otherwise, I don't exist to you, clear?"

"Crystal clear" I repeated after him.

As I left the car he did so as well and few people who were currently in front of the school gave us questioning looks.

Yeah, no one at school knew Flynn's were my brother because I had a surname after my mother I was "Elisabeth Sullivan" not "Flynn". Good. I wouldn't want to share the surname with my new family either way. From all of them, Charles seemed to be the only one to instantly accept my presence.

I wonder if Dan hates me just like Max does. Hopefully, he will choose to ignore me just like his twin.

During the recess after the first lesson, I already stumbled on Brian. Perhaps the world hated me.

I was taking his mean comments and inappropriate jokes with silence. That is until I saw Dan with his group of friends stopping right next to us.

"Hey where are you going?" Brian asked loudly grabbing bystanders attention.

"Away. I'm going away from you" I whispered as I was trying to avoid meeting my third brother under such circumstances.

"I don't think so" Brian wasn't about to help me in this situation. He grabbed me by the back of my shirt.

"Let me go" I yelled annoyed not being able to take it anymore.

"Stay," he said as if he was talking to a dog.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?"

Dan. He was the one who asked the question, he was clearly angry and the look in his eyes made me shiver in fear.
__________

Hi guys!

Please let me how do you feel about Ellie's brothers so far? Or her father?

I hope you like the story so far?