Chapter 18

"You have a sister"

One day father just dropped the news. No warning, no nothing. Just an information, life changing that is.

It happened during a cold evening in a mid-January.

It was a rare occurrence when Andrew and his sons were all present at one table, Jacquline prepared for them amazing meal, proper for such a rare occasion at Flynn's house as family dinner. 

"Pardon, we have what?" Dan asked dumbfounded.

"Who?" Max added confused as well.

"When did you...?" Charles looked at his father with furrowed brows.

Andrew stopped the rain of question with a hand gesture. Everyone went quiet instantly.

"Her name is Elisabeth Sullivan. She lives in California right now. She's 16. Recently she has lost her mother, she will come live with us"

"Why wasn't she living with us in the first place? Why are we learning about her existence just now?" Dan asked angrily.

"You cheated on mom" Max said in quiet, pain visible in his voice.

"I did. And to answer your question Dan, this child is a product of an affair. Her mother didn't want anything to do with me. One thing she asked of me to forget about them, never contact her. I merely respected her wishes and forgot that child exists"

Dan known from having the hottest temper already exited the room closing the door loudly behind him.

"So keep your promise" Max said sharply, his eyes narrowed. "Forget about her, why bring her here? She can just live in her other relatives or in a foster home I don't care where just not here"

Max wasn't angry at Elisabeth or whatever her name was, he was angry at his father, that cheating bitch who broke his mother heart, at the situation he put them in.

He didn't need a brat walking around reminding him what type of person his father was. And anger... well he had to direct it at something, anything. Let it out, so he chose to do what he knew would piss father off.

"Give her up to adoption why should she live in our mother's house?" Max said with disgust.

"You're forgetting yourself" his father warned.

"I will never accept her here"

Max pretty much intended to make things difficult, simply out of spite for his father, for what he did to mom.

Andrew eyes narrowed at his son's stubborn attitude.

"Go to your room, I will deal with you later"

When Max left, because he did. Wordlessly. Andrew looked at his oldest son who remained quiet.

"Aren't you gonna throw a temper tantrum like your brothers?"

"I would like to know what exactly have happened to Elisabeth mother" Charles asked carefully choosing his words. Someone wasn't matching up in that story.

"She died in a traffic accident"

"Who was at fault? Is there any investigation of that case?"

"Culprit was not caught. It was hit and run"

"I do find the timing interesting. Just as the case of Vasari crime family went public, the leading prosecutor's former mistress dies in tragic accident. For now I'm asking if this child is in danger. It's rather unusual for you to agree to take her so quickly. I'm sure you would rather pull some string and find her a good family than take the strange kid to your house, so why?"

"It's true, what you suspect"

"And you're not willing to drop the case just for her sake"

"They killed my wife, I will not be intimidated"

"I do wonder father"

"About what?"

"Will you be able to look Elisabeth in the eyes? After all you're risking her life to get your revenge"

"That's the choice I've made"
____________
It's Sunday and I feel like shit. The last evening conversation of Max and Dan really make me cry my heart out.

That's why I wasn't in a mood when Dan entered my room.

"I'm playing a match today, would you like to come?"

Me? It's probably something he had to ask.

"I don't need a babysitter"

Dan looked surprised at my hostility.

"Where is this coming from? I just hoped you'd be interested to see me play" I looked at him and I realized it's me who's awful right now. He was basically defending me in front of his twin. I wish I would think before I speak.

"Wait, Dan. Actually, I would love to go"

He grinned at me and an hour later I was in the car with him.

Dan's team won of course. The other team didn't stand a chance.

What's even more amazing I was watching the game while sitting next to Dan's coach in the area that is not available to a typical spectator. Dan introduced me to his friend, the whole team and everyone were extremely nice to me. I felt slightly intimidated by the amount of strangers, actually incredibly hot looking guys paying attention to me but I couldn't complain.

After the game someone suggested they will be hosting an after-party at their place, the idea was greeted with enthusiasm and soon Dan and I were driving back home to change into a different clothes because yes, I was invited.

The spark of annoyance appeared within me when Dan called Andrew to ask if he can take me there. I'm 16 years old why does he need to ask if I'm allowed to go to party? Especially since he didn't need to ask if he can go but I decided to gracefully overlook it, I was slightly nervous about meeting new people but also very excited at the chance to dance and just spend more time out of the house. I should be allowed to go, no questions asked. Duh.

Thankfully Andrew agreed, we've got a green light to prepare for an evening outing. I was glad Max wasn't planning to go, I didn't want to see him right now.

As I went down the stairs I was ready to go, Max gave me a quick glance and came back to the video game he was playing but not without saying:

"Go change into something else"

What?

"What's wrong with this dress?" I asked irritated and offended. Why the hell was he criticizing my clothing style? "I'm not changing just because you say so" I said with my arms crossed, trying to make sure I have a stern look on my face, Dan didn't seem phased by my confident attitude though.

"You're not leaving the house in this" Dan stated simply, his arms relaxed, voice calm. He was chilling in front of TV and suddenly I had a strong desire to cut off the power from the video game he was playing.
______
Hi Guys,

Could you give me some ideas what hashtags I should use for this story? Maybe the ones I'm using right now are enough, let me know please.

As always I hope you enjoyed this chapter I'm waiting for you opinions ❤️