Chapter 22

"But I need to go! It's Jenny's birthday"

"You should think about it before deciding to break the rules" Andrew responded.

"I don't like your rules" I muttered but he heard me, unfortunately.

"I don't like your attitude Elisabeth" Andrew warned his eyes shining dangerously. "As for the rules you don't need to like them, you need to follow them" he said as if it was simple and took a sip of his coffee.

"Please" I quickly learned that no amount of please changes Andrew's mind. Heartless bastard.

Max rolled his eyes so I directed my anger at him, because he was the closest target.

"What?!"

Max lifted his gaze slowly from his book and looked at me like he saw me for the first time in his life.

"Did you just yell at me brat?" He asked challengingly and I took a step back.

"N-no?"

Now I felt unsure if I should proceed with directing my anger at him.

He closed the book and I knew he's about to get up.

Instead of waiting to see what happens next I yelled I'm sorry and just ran upstairs noticing with gratefulness that he's too lazy to follow me upstairs. Thank God.

I was still telling myself that my new "family"wasn't important to me, I didn't suddenly had "father" and "brothers", we had no relationship whatsoever and I believed that it will stay that way. I will always be a stranger, so it was easier for me to reject them too. If I don't want their love, if I don't want them as my family if they throw me away, send me to foster system I will at least won't be heartbroken.

I was lying to myself. No matter if I let them in or not I was watching their every single move, to make sure they don't completely hate me. I wanted them to like me, somewhere deep inside I wanted them to accept me and love me.

At Tuesday Jacquline informed me about the contract with modeling agency Andrew agreed to sign.

I've read on the internet that scouting off the streets wasn't that common occurrence it left me baffled even more.

I wasn't exactly sure why they wanted me. I was nothing special.

I was also worried.

Andrew said I am allowed to do 5 castings a month. If I don't get a job I don't get a job, Andrew's condition.

But thankfully I got the job right after my third casting. He warned me right away to not get my new modeling career for granted because as soon as he sees it affects my grades my journey as a model ends.

Okay, whatever.
________________
A month passed since Brian was gone from school. Many things changed since then.

School was completely different without him. His group of friends scattered without the leader and all of them was scared to even look at me as I realized very soon after I started classes on Monday.

During lunch break I had a chance to observe how my brothers were the centre of attention sitting at the table of the "popular kids" they were actually the one dragging everyone's attention to themselves.

"Wait you're telling me someone scouted you and next week you're having a photo session?" Jenny asked in excitement.

"Andrew is not thrilled about any of this. I'm worried he's not going to be very supportive"

Of course Andrew was a problem. Each of my potential campaigns had to be approved by him, even after I signed the contract he pretty much controlled every aspect of my career including how long it would last.