Chapter 33

Day second of Andrew's absence started with bad news.

"Jacquline got sick so we're on our own for a few days," Dan said.

"Yeah, right" Max responded "I bet father will send Julien to spy on us"

"Fine, he will probably do that but since I'm the oldest person at the house you both better listen to me"

"Dan. Dear brother of mine. Have you hurt your head somewhere? You're three-second older than me"

"I'm only a few months younger"

"Be quiet child. Adults are speaking"

Oh my God.

"This age gap resulted in maturity that both of you don't have" Dan had the audacity to point at me and Max. As if he was making any point. "Those three seconds especially were vital for my brain development"

Max snorted.

"Maybe you caught the flu from Jacqueline?" I asked.

"He probably did" Max agreed. "And it infected his brain. Nothing he says makes sense which is proof that I'm the smartest person here. I should be having the last word"

It was quite nice to have Max on my side for once. Of course, we argued for a little longer because he was definitely not in charge.

"No one is having the last word, we communicate and respect each other's opinions," I said to prove that I am in fact the most mature person in the room.

"Speak for yourself Ellie"

"I can't believe I'm stuck here with both of you what my life has become" I complained.

"You preferred to be an only child?"

He surprised me with this question.

"No. I mean maybe sometimes I thought it would be cool to have a sibling but mom didn't plan to have more kids so I stopped thinking about it"

"Well, now you have us"

Maybe they weren't always that bad. They made me smile today. "If you already exist what can I do" I pretended to be troubled heavily with this fact which resulted in Max and Dan throwing pillows at me. 

🌹🌹🌹

"What are you doing?"

"I'm lying on your bed"

"But why? Leave"

"Don't you want to spend time with your favorite brother?"

"Dan has a training"

"Damn, you know how to hurt someone's feelings aren't you?"

"I said leave Do you understand English?"

"I don't want to"

"Max, get out I pushed him lightly but he wouldn't budge Why are you eating popcorn in my bed? Gross. Go. Away"

"What are you doing?" Max asked with his mouth full of popcorn. Was he serious right now?

"I'm failing at math if you must know"

"What? Like right now?" He got up and looked over my shoulder. "You did it all wrong? Wow, that's kind of impressive" he said with amusement.

Oh, that's just fucking great do I have to suck at literally everything I do? I dropped my pen on my desk and got up abruptly. I already had troubles with grades and now history repeats itself. Andrew probably hates having a stupid child for a daughter since everyone in this freaking house was exceptionally good at something. I was good for nothing and it annoyed the shit out of me.