Chapter 31

It was Saturday, thankfully. Tomorrow Andrew is leaving. That's great. Fuck him.

Anger and bitterness. That's what I felt.

It was early morning but I really didn't want to go back to sleep. I could feel frustration growing inside of me. I still wanted to do something reckless. During the unpleasant conversation with Andrew, I found out my mother was murdered and I could not deal with all the negative emotions I was experiencing right now.

This information just wouldn't sink it. I refused to think about it. I couldn't. 

Then it hit me. In my unpacked bags with shit from an old apartment, there's a pink hair-dye. Let's do this.

After dying my hair and drying them off I was afraid to come downstairs. I already skipped breakfast and I felt like there's probably a speech in Andrew's head for that. Well, he's in for a surprise.

The first person that saw new me was Dan.

"Damn little girl, you're in so much trouble"

"What did you do with your hair?" Max asked.

"I expressed myself," I said pretending my pink hair was a perfectly normal occurrence.

"Couldn't you write a poem or something?"

I looked at him with annoyance. He himself had his hair bleached why was he acting like he was new to the concept of unnatural hair color? Okay, he didn't look really bothered.

"Dad is gonna flip when he sees you" Dan warned before he stuffed his face with PB&J. Why is he eating? Breakfast was just two hours ago. What's worse is that he eats all the time but still gets to have a perfect abs, stupid athlete.

"Whatever," I said and rolled my eyes, I was probably looking like a generic, rebellious teenager from sitcoms right now but I didn't care. Andrew deserves the worst of me. Okay, maybe not the worst. Just let me have my moment.

"Don't say whatever" Max warned and took a step forward in what was supposed to be an intimidating gesture and I did take a step back because I had some self-preservation instinct even if it was slightly bugging in recent days.

"Whatever" I repeated in a challenging voice.

Ok, why did I have to say it? I prepared myself to run away but Max surprised me by smiling.

Then he appeared right in front of me and pinched my cheeks a little too harshly. "Awww isn't it our baby sister throwing a temper tantrum?" He said in an annoying voice a parent makes when speaks to a little kid. I shoved him away but it was like trying to move a rock.

"Leave me alone!"

"Then start behaving," Max said this time in a serious voice.

"Elisabeth, what's the meaning of this?" Great. Now HE is here. And by that I mean Andrew.

"It's my hair and I can do whatever I want with them," I said very quickly, and it comes off as if I was unsure if that's really the case.

"Who paid for this hair dye?" Andrew asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

My dead mother. This thought couldn't leave my mouth so instead, I said something else.

"Fuck you"

Wait, did I really said this?

Suddenly the whole attention of the room was on me. I never saw the twins swearing at Andrew's face, was it something that has been done before? It felt so good.