Chapter 24

The next day at school started with a surprise. There was a new transfer school student. The rumor that he was handsome quickly spread throughout the school.

I didn't get to see him until the lunch break.

At the lunch break as always I sat down with my two friends and Henry was just reacting to my weight loss plans after I explained why I'm eating just apple during lunch.

"This is stupid" Henry decided "You're already skinny losing weight like that is not healthy"

"You don't understand," I said irritated "there are completely other standards for models I really want this career to not last one day or two so I have to lose a little weight"

"What makes you think Andrew won't find out? You can't even order this shit you want to buy without him knowing or go to the store alone"

"Yeah but he's not checking my room so how the hell would he find out?"

"By checking your room?" Henry responded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"He wouldn't do that," I said in an unconvincing voice because what did I know about Andrew and his ways of doing things?

"I don't know El, from what you told me about him feels like he's a person who would totally do that"

"Listen alright, alright let's not argue. I'm getting her the pills, if there will be any danger of Andrew finding out she will just throw them away, drain them down the toilet, or whatever. No biggie"

"Right" Henry scoffed still believing my idea is idiotic.

"Hey, guys check it out the new boy is here" we all looked at the door opening and the boy that entered the room was no one else but Nick. He was already surrounded by a group of students interested in the new kid's arrival.

"It's him," I said shocked at what I see.

"What? Who?"

"The boy from the photo session, the one I was modeling with"

As he passed by me he lowered his head and whispered quietly into my ear "Hi, beautiful"

"Damn girl you're so lucky. Look at him he's just so cute"

"Who's cute?" Max asked suspiciously appearing out of nowhere behind my back

"Cat. Cat is cute. Cats in general" okay, that was lame.

"We don't have a cat"

"Jenny has a cat"

"Do you think I'm an idiot, Ellie? You were talking about that new guy didn't you"

"Yes and no?"

"What's good?" Not Dan showing up as well.

"Your sister finds males cute"

You could tell by Dan's expression that he found it disgusting but his grimace quickly turned into a smirk.

"Oh, so it's my sister now?" Dan faked the outrage but then he got serious. "And we can't have that. No boys until you're twenty. Or thirty. Preferably never"

He's joking, right?

"Oh? And what about you if I remember correctly it's a second week after you came back and you already had three girlfriends"

"They weren't my girlfriends" he protested. "We're just having... fun. The fun you're not allowed to have" he said the last part sharply and I rolled my eyes.

"Just because you're like that doesn't mean other boys are"

"They are"

"Absolutely they are, never trust boys" Max didn't even pay attention to girls and yet he said that.

"And don't roll your eyes at us young lady," Dan said in a half-serious half-joking manner.

"The brat is getting cheeky" Max complained and ruffled my hair in the form of punishment. I was quickly tried to get away before he completely ruins my hairstyle. Those boys were impossible to deal with. Especially when they were together ganking up on me.

"I'm not a brat" I whined, like a brat.

I was thankful when the lunch break ended. Lessons meant peace from my annoying older brothers.

Next day it was Saturday. Thankfully I wasn't forced to go skating with Max and Dan every weekend. I could relax at the house. My grounding was over so Jenny suggested we should organize our first sleepover at her place.

"Is it my hoodie?" Dan asked suspiciously as he took a sip of his morning coffee in his Lord of The Rings mug. And he calls me a nerd. He pointed at the red blouse I was wearing.

"No? I just coincidentally get one that looks like yours" I said defensively. Recently I acquired a bad habit of stealing Dan's comfy clothes, so what? Sue me.

"You bought it in a male section and got the sizes several sizes too big for you" Dan summed up my sloppy lie.

"Don't judge my fashion sense" I doubled down not resigning from my story as I hugged the hoodie protectively.

"Have no one told you stealing is bad? Give it back little thief" Dan took a step towards me and I took a step back, he wasn't offended he actually had that devilish smirk on his face that usually meant for me trouble.

"I refuse to entertain these outrageous allegations," I said in a mock hurt voice but I was a little afraid as well.

"Fine let's see if the hoodie is in my wardrobe than if not I will lock you in there forever," Dan said his empty threat and lifted me as if I weighted nothing. No matter how much I was struggling he wouldn't budge I started screaming like a five-year-old having a tantrum.

"What is going on" Andrew entered the kitchen and we froze in our battle. He was home? How? Now?

"Dad you're raising a criminal"

"Exactly this boy attacks innocent girls like me"

"You're not innocent you little shit. Admit it" Dan said playfully and started tickling me.

"Help!" This time I managed to get away and I ran towards Andrew to protect myself from the assault. As I hid behind his back and wrapped my arms around him I realized with horror what I did.

I wasn't smiling anymore.

He didn't even have a chance to react.

I let go of him as if he was burning me and ran upstairs to my room. I'm an idiot.

An hour later when I've heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said gently and he entered the room which instantly made me feel uneasy. That was unusual of him to visit me in my room in fact he never did that.

"Jacquline told me you're having a sleepover at your friend's house today"

Oh thank God, he wasn't here to speak what happened in the morning.

"I do"

"I'd like to go over with some of the rules today"

Great, that's what I need. More rules.

"Remember to always prioritise your safety. Keep your phone charged at all times, if you're in any trouble just call. No matter what hour it is call me if I'm not picking up call you brothers. One of us will always help you, okay Ellie?" He finished speaking with a soft voice.

"Okay," I agreed softly. It. Was. A. Sleepover.

What could've happened? He's too dramatic.

"Ah I forgot about the most important rule"

I suppressed a sight. "Yes?"

"Have fun" and then a miracle happened. Andrew smiled at me. He knows how to smile? I don't think I've ever seen this expression on his face it was fascinating as if he was a completely different person.

Dear Readers,

As I mentioned before, part II is here. I hope you like the story so far ❤️