4

I officially wanted Hayley to leave.

It had been a week of her staying. Our apartment only had two bedrooms. I'd offered Hayley my bed but she settled for the pull-out couch.

Even so, for someone who had lived in and out of motels with barely any money, she'd managed to trash the apartment with her abundance of clothing.

And I'd thought that Stacy was a messy roommate.

I grimaced as I kicked aside a pair of shorts with something orange and smelly on the hem.

"HAYLEY!" I screamed when I came across her socks in the kitchen sink.

It was beginning to get ridiculous.

It was almost four in the morning, I'd had a late shift at the restaurant. La Vie may have been more  geared towards families but there were frequent late-night customers, usually couples trying to enjoy each others' company.

Anyway, this was the third night in a row where I'd come home to find the apartment I'd spent all morning cleaning completely messy. And Hayley wasn't even paying rent.

"Hayley!" I called again. I felt bad, I was probably disturbing Stacy's sleep.

Approaching the living room, I found the couch bare of Hayley.

What the hell? Where is she?

That was when I heard shuffling in my room.

"Hide, Hide, Hide!" I heard Hayley whisper-yell.

I swung open my room door to find Hayley covering her body in my duvet and a figure hiding behind a curtain.

"Hayley..." I scowled. "This better not be what I think this is!"

She sent me a lazy smile. "And what do you think this is?"

I said nothing, walking past her and making a beeline for my curtains.

Big mistake.

As I pulled the curtain open I found myself looking at a butt-naked male who could've passed as my father, had he still been alive, in terms of age.

"GET OUT!" I shrieked, shielding my eyes from the traumatizing view.

The man didn't have to be told twice as he stumbled out of the room and I prayed out of the apartment.

I swung around to look at Hayley. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

She lay back in my bed. My bed. "I was having fun, Lottie."

"Don't call me that!" I screamed.

"What the hell is all the ruckus?" Stacy yawned in the hallway.

I grabbed her arm, dragging her to help me scold my sister. "This one thought it would be a nice idea to hook up with someone twice her age."

Stacy shrugged. "So what?"

Hayley sent me a smug grin.

My jaw dropped. "So what? So? What?" I pulled at my hair in frustration. "She's in my bed. My clean, innocent bed!"

Stacy took in the situation and her relaxed expression turned into a glare in Hayley's direction. "That's disrespectful and disgusting."

Thank you!

"Where else was I supposed to go?" Hayley pouted.

"I've had it up to here," I gestured to the ceiling. "With your behaviour, Hayley."