7

"I've been in danger since my parents were murdered." I scoffed, folding my arms. "Tell me something new."

"What the hell is--" Stacy began, squinting at us in the kitchen, her eyes widening when she noticed Ace. "What's going on?"

"He was about to explain what the hell he is still here for." I nodded in Ace's direction.

Stacy had no idea what was going on. To avoid any conflict or tension she made a beeline for the coffee machine.

I turned to Ace. "Well? Go on then, unless you have something important to say, I'd like you to leave and never show me your face again."

"Can we talk somewhere else?" Ace asked.

"Nope, anything you have to say, you can say to both of us." I nodded at Hayley. Despite being utterly pissed that she'd pretended to be me, I wasn't about to seclude myself with him.

Ace sent a pointed look at Stacy. Frick.

"Fine." I grabbed his arm, pulling him to my room. "If you try anything, I have two neighbours who would happily beat you to a pulp."

He raised his hands in surrender. "I promise, I just want to talk."

Nodding, I took a seat on my bed which had brand new bedding. I'm going to kill Hayley.

"You can sit on the chair," I gestured to the one by my desk.

Ace obliged. "Before I dive into anything, do you have any questions? About anything at all?"

Do I have questions? Uh...millions!

"Yes, I do."

He nodded for me to go ahead.

"Are you working with Venom?"

"Short answer: yes." I was prepared to kick him out of my room. "Long answer: I'm pretending to work with them so that I can understand what they're planning to do and so that I can help you."

"Why would you want to help me?" I snorted. "Last time I saw you, you'd pulled a gun out on me and nearly suffocated me."

He winced. "I'm sorry, Cher. I swear, I thought...I thought it was you who'd killed my mother. And I know it's no excuse, but think about it, if you knew who killed your mother, you'd want to hurt them too."

I supposed he had a point. I did kill the man who'd killed my family. But that didn't mean I was ready to forgive him. I didn't know if I ever would be.

"How did you have the nerve to take me out on dates then?" My voice came out low and hurt. He hadn't just broken my trust, he'd broken my heart.

"Believe me, at first all I wanted to do was hurt you."

"Gee, thanks." I snarled.

"But when we first spoke, you weren't some crazy horrible person, the way I thought you'd be. I thought you'd act the way..." He paused. "The way your sister--"

"--Hey!" I objected.

He threw me a look. "Don't tell me you aren't pissed off she impersonated you. I'm telling you, we can't trust her."

"Why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm trying to keep you alive." He stated.

I scoffed. "And how is that?"

"I'll explain once you finish asking any questions." He promised.

Good, because I had many more questions. "Are the men in black part of Venom?"