11

"You should've warned me we were going to the beach! I haven't shaved my legs in a week!" Stacy complained, barging in and out of my room as I tried to pick an outfit.

I hadn't heard anything from Ace or Dallas since they left the apartment. The week flew by quicker than I expected. We had two hours before we were supposed to carpool with Caleb and Blake to the beach.

"I told you four days ago!" I called back to Stacy. "And can you check if Hayley's awake? Or else we'll have to leave without her!"

"Can't be bothered, I'm going to shower!" She yelled.

"Wait! Come here, please!" I was seriously struggling to choose what to wear.

Stacy made her way back to my room. "What?"

"Which bathing suit should I choose?"

She smirked, wiggling her brows. "It depends, are you trying to impress someone? Make someone jealous? Be modest?"

After she came back from her parents, she asked me what the deal was with Ace and Dallas. I explained that we were on okay terms, for now.

She was convinced Ace and I would end up together again.

It was a hard no from me.

"I'm trying to look good, that's all."

Pissing of Dallas, if he made an appearance, would just be an added bonus.

"You sure you don't want to make one of the boys jealous? How about Dallas?" Stacy chuckled as she flipped through the options.

"Not jealous, but I want him to get annoyed and to understand that he doesn't have a say over me."

"Ah, so jealous it is." She laughed.

I shoved her playfully. I supposed she was right, but I didn't want Dallas to think of it that way. I was never going to look at him in that light.

Stacy pulled out a couple options and made me try them on and do a little cat-walk in each.

"Go for the red." She grinned.

The red one was a two-piece in a deep, almost ruby shade, with small white polka-dots covering it. The top was a low-cut halter and sport-like with tied straps that would go around both my neck and my back. The bottom of the pair was high-waisted and has tied straps on either side of my hips. It was cute but sultry at the same time.

I had white flip-flops to go with it too. "Good choice."

Stacy went to shower while I attempted to wake up a sleeping Hayley. We'd discussed boundaries and mannerisms after my talk with Ace and Dallas. She apologized genuinely for her misbehaviour and the past four days had been treating the apartment with respect.

"Wake up, Hayley. Or else we'll go to the beach without you."

She groaned in annoyance, covering her face with the blanket. "Go. I don't feel like going anywhere today."

"You sure?"

She mumbled a small "Yes." Before falling back asleep.

* * *

After I showered and got my body beach-ready, shaved, and covered in sunscreen, I pulled on my two-piece before rummaging for some jewelry. I settled on wearing some gold hoops and tops in the two piercings I had in both ears. I decorated my neck with a golden chain. I straightened my hair before asking Stacy to braid it into two dutch braids.

She's picked out a dark blue one-piece which also had a halter-top style as well as straps that crisscrossed both at her chest and the back. She'd picked out silver earrings and a matching bracelet.