19

Ace kicked at the sand in frustration. "Somehow Venom must've followed us."

The ship was approaching.

And it was approaching fast.

"What the hell are we going to do?" I panicked.

"We could climb some trees and hide," Ellie offered.

I shook my head, "The trees aren't thick enough to hide us, they'll see us the minute they pass by. Not to mention I don't think we'll be able to climb them, the branches are too far up."

I looked at Dallas and Ace for possible ideas.

"We could hide under the docks," Dallas muttered.

"That's not a bad idea." Ace agreed.

"What about our boat?" I realized. "They'll know somebody is here."

The brothers shrugged.

Dallas started walking towards the dock. "Hiding ourselves is more important."

"But we'll get wet!" Hayley protested. "My hair looks so nice today, too."

"Do you want whoever is on that boat to find and potentially kill you?" I snapped.

"Because if you do...be my guest," Ace hissed.

That shut her up and the four of us followed Dallas. Our feet echoed against the hollow wooden planks as we reached the end.

"Okay, I'll go in first," Dallas offered, sitting at the edge of the dock.

"Wait!" I stopped him abruptly.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at the black ship. It was nearing at a frighteningly quick speed. No more than a few minutes away from docking.

"Your phone," I turned to the rest of them. "Give me your phones. My backpack is the only waterproof one."

Quickly, they handed me their phones and I tucked them into the inner zip of my bag.

Dallas didn't hesitate to submerge himself into the water. The water was so deep that only his head was peeking up from the water as he walked across the ocean floor. The bag on his back began to float up. Hopefully the packaged food wouldn't get destroyed. 

I watched as he disappeared under the dock with the bag.

Dallas didn't yelp or make any sounds, so I supposed the water wasn't that cold.

Ace went in next. The water was a little lower on his body, his neck exposed.

I went after him, and I nearly died.

I spluttered, the water was freezing. Like ice. And then I felt myself sinking lower and lower. Dallas and Ace were able to stand, giving me the false impression that I could too, having momentarily forgotten that I was much shorter than both of them. 

Before I drowned, I felt firm arms wrap around my body and pull me to the surface.

Ace pushed my wet hair out my face. "Nearly lost you," He chuckled softly as he pulled me against him.

I looked to see Ellie, against her liking, in Dallas's arms and Hayley holding onto one of the other legs of the dock. Each boy had their legs wrapped around the leg of different corners of the dock. And they had wrapped their arms around mine and Ellie's waists to keep us from sinking.

Treading wasn't an option, it would make too much noise, so we had to stick close and stay as still as possible.

As long as we stayed below the wooden planks and didn't make noise, hopefully whoever was in that ship wouldn't see us. The gaps between each plank were also very small, so someone walking over them wouldn't see us nor our bags. At least that's what I hoped was the case.