Who is Dr. Who?

VICTOR

Today felt like a good day. There was something in the atmosphere that held...something. I looked at myself in the mirror. My burning ember eyes seemed alive, eyes I inherited from my father. We were completely different, and I thank God I only had to see him once a year since I turned 18.

He ruined music from me, he ruined the keys I loved to play since I was young. He ruined my life in a way I would never get back. The things he said, they way he would pushed me to believe I was nothing more than a prodigy grown old. Pathetic. How could a father treat his child like that? How could a mother stand by and watch?

I shook my head and readjusted me shirt. I was wearing black slack pants and a white button up. My sleeves were rolled up passed my forearms and my hair was the regular messy brown, longer on top and slightly shorter on the sides. My silver medallion hing around my neck. Protect your heart. My mother used to tell me.

And I listened. Too many girls only wanted me for money, too many wanted me to buy them things, too many wanted to use me. They wanted to be part of the celebrity life while I wanted out. I didn't care much for publicity, I didn't care for the things people said about me. I only cared for the music that put me together, that made me the person I am today. Each note giving me something, a thought, a dream, a fantasy.... Playing the piano gave me so many possibilities.

But if felt ripped away from me when I finally understood my father. Understood that I was just their income so people can envy them, respect them. They made me look and act the part I needed, they never asked once what I wanted. I still don't know what I want, well until yesterday.

All thoughts out the window, out of my head. All the things that clouded my mind gone in an instant, and all it took was seeing a beautiful face. Sang. Sang Sorenson.

Doc was lucky, really flipping lucky. I wish I could have been lucky enough to meet her. She looked so tiny, so fragile, so sweet. I didn't believe anything the girls said, I would never believe gossip, would never judge.

After we parted ways last night, I went straight to my office, I needed to find a comfort, a solid place where I could be me right now. Eva. How could she say those things? Believe them? She was such a difference person, she acted like how my mother would when she had friends over for their weekly 'bookclub'.

I searched for Sang Sorenson on my laptop, I needed to see with my own eyes who she was. She didn't look like a bad person, she didn't seem like a person that took and leave without saying good bye. She didn't sound like someone who would lie, but she did. I caught it. I typed away, I let my fingers fly across the keyboard like it was the natural thing in the world. A small grin peeked it's way out and a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Just like that, why? Why did I feel like this? Why now? An hour passed and I still couldn't find anything on her. It was like she didn't exist. Was Sang even her real name? Did....has she been lying to Dr. Green this whole time? I didn't understand, Eva's voice ran through my mind from yesterday.

"I bet she's faking everything, I heard she gives guys a different name so they wouldn't know she whores around with their friends."

There was nothing on her, not even a bank statement. All academy atlease have some I formation on them. Why wasn't she in the government system? It was a big red flag. I needed to tell Mr. Blackbourne. I heard Dr. Green was going to meet with her. He deserved to know. I checked the time and it was late, I had to be up early to catch them.