Waiting on Her

SEAN

"I knew it!" Sang said smiling at Dr. Roberts with her hands on her hips.

"C'mon little bird, help an old dog out. The hospital needs a doctor like you, or a nurse... IT person?" Dr. Roberts voiced, sounding defeated while giving a gentle smile while Sang giggled. I would never get enough of the sweet sound.

He wanted her to work here, like permanently? To live in Charleston? He wanted me to give her anything she wanted, he told me we can set her up in a nice home, great pay, and to let her be head of the department of her choice. Even to purchase whatever car she wanted.

Why didn't I get this kind of persuasion? Then again I wanted to leave the hospital and be on my own. Which I am now regretting, or should I ask her to work with me?

My heart and brain were at war, as much as I would love that, I still had a girlfriend I kept forgetting about. Why do I feel like I made a big mistake opening up my own practice? I didn't know what to do, I felt lost and everything I ever wanted was standing in this room.

"Phil, I don't know what to say." Her voice sounded broken, like she really didn't want to disappoint him.

"How about you think on it? Let me shadow you around, work my magic in persuading you to stay. It's a great program Sang, I think you'll really like it here." I said stepping in. I really wanted her to be here. I wanted to be apart of her life, even if it is just a piece.

She looked hesitant for a second. Her eyes filling with sadness as she looked at Axel and Marc. I clenched my jaw, I really didn't like that she was looking at them. Jealousy filled me and it was a fucked up feeling to have.

"Okay," she breathe out, Dr. Roberts and I let out our relief. I was going to make sure she had the best day.

"Excellent little bird. Come see me if there's anything that you need. You have free reign, I'll even buy you lunch, the taco truck downtown has a great menu." Dr. Roberts beamed and came forth to give her a hug.

Dr. Roberts looked at us men very sternly and for once he looked scary. "Learning this valuable information regarding Sangs ghost status within the academy is very private. I hope all of you will respect her and her wishes as to keeping this a secret."

As much as I wanted to brag about me knowing who the academy's ghost is I couldn't. I wouldn't do that to Sang. But would the others? I looked to my best friend, his grey eyes sticking as he wasn't sure to keep this information from our brothers. They would want to know what happened in this room, what we talked about.

Kota on the other hand nodded, not going to go against Dr. Roberts, who has a chair amongst the council. Axel and Marc looked at each other, being in the same situation as Owen. Sang seemed to understand, she stepped up and faced off with Mr. Blackbourne.

"I don't know you Mr. Blackbourne, but I know your friend, and I trust his judgement. If he feels like he can trust his team with this secret, then I don't mind him telling the rest of your family. The same goes with you guys," Sang looked at Axel and Marc. "We only known each other a short time but, I've learn to trust your team. So you can tell them when your ready. And I really don't know what's going to happen afterward."

I didn't understand, afterward? I wanted to ask but Marc spoke up cutting off my thoughts. "Don't worry about that now, okay? So...hot stuff, we'll see you later yeah? I think we'll order in, how does Chinese food sound."