Chapter Two

Ahhh! Blade pog!!! Again, art credits to It's ya' gurl ! Vita. Video is an audio edit by starkjxc of Toxic by Britney Spears. 

  Trigger warning(s): swearing, implied drinking, implied suicidal attempts, bullying, mention of taking unprescribed pills.

  Ranboo centric chapter here.

  Toby's POV: 

  I gave a quiet groan. My head really, really hurt. For once, it wasn't a hangover. I had stayed up late watching The Walking Dead. Blade had dropped it off, saying that he and Wil had rented it for a movie night and still had it for a couple more days. Among other things, he dropped off Tom's anxiety pills, a couple of homemade meals by Mumza, and a few coupons to the Cocoa Café. 

  Assistant Principal Scott was in the room. Well, I never called her that. I just called her by her first name, Caroline. Or Cara. She gave me a look that said 'sit up and pay attention, Toby. You really can't afford to get in more trouble.' 

  I withheld a loud sigh and straightened up slightly, leaning my chin in my hand. I struggled to pay some semblance of attention to the lesson. 

  By the end of the class, I had half a page of doodles and half a page of notes. I'd say that was pretty good. 

  By college standards? Downright awful. School work was like a d*mn mountain, and notes was the only way to remember all that sh*t. But it increased that mentioned mountain of papers by twice or triple as much. 

  I snatched my homework from my manila folder and then shoved it into my binder. Was my binder as messy as f*ck? Yes. Did I care? No. Was my backpack even messier? Yes. Still, did I care? No.  

  Class ended as my teacher finished up. I was looking to become a content creator. Probably on platforms like Youtube and Twitch. I already had a small channel in which I played some video games, but it wasn't much. 

  Tommy was pursuing a similar course. He wanted to do something now known as vlogging. I thought it would be pretty d*mn cool if he did. 

  Well, we'd have to pass college first. 

  The only one that was pretty much guaranteed to pass was Rylan. Almost every class he'd taken so far he'd passed with flying colors. Neither Tommy or I got it, since he did basically the same things we did, but we were proud of him. 

  He was definitely on the road to a scholarship. He was on the track team, and was doing really well at it. As a side job, he said that he wouldn't mind being a content creator with us, so he was taking classes for that too. 

  If we became a trio, we'd need to come up with a good name for ourselves. 

  "Toby," Cara called. I blinked, startled out of my thoughts. The Assistant Principal was on her feet, and she gestured for me to walk with her. 

  I shrugged and joined her. I had the time. 

  "How have you been?" she asked. I shrugged. 

  "Fine."

  "And how 'bout Rylan and Tom?" 

  "They're doing okay. Nothing much going on right now." Cara gave me a look I couldn't read. "Why? Is something wrong?" 

  She turned away from me and looked forward again. "That's what I'm trying to find out." 

  I furrowed my brow. What was that supposed to mean?

  "I have suspect to reason that Rylan is having certain problems again." 

  The hand that had clenched around my heart squeezed a bit tighter. I looked at her sharply. "Explain."