Chapter Seven Pt. 1

Song is Brutal by Olivia Rodrigo. Art is BBH by Vita. 

  This one is going to be in parts, because I didn't want to wait to publish this and I also didn't want this to be too long. So here you go. You'll have pt. 1, pt.2 and then Chapter 7.5. Enjoy!

  P.S. Yoooooooooooooooo! 500 views?! Pog. Thanks so much for everything. <3

  Trigger Warning(s): Swearing, depression, crying/breaking down, mentions of bullying, mentions of violence 

  Rylan's POV:

  I wanted to get up. I swear, I really did. But I just couldn't. 

  From the moment I opened my eyes, I knew that today was going to be a bad day. I stared at the ceiling for a couple moments before dragging my covers over my head and wishing that I was still asleep. 

  I didn't know what time it was, but it was early. Early enough that Tommy and Toby wouldn't be up unless something was wrong. 

  Despite my lack of will to get up, I couldn't go to sleep. I hate these days so much. These were the days that really made me just want to disappear, melt into a little puddle on my bed. Stop whatever stupid trash was going on with my brain. But that wasn't how it worked.

  I laid there for who knows how long, staring at the wooden texture of the small desk that was crammed into my room next to my bed. It's where I kept things like my alarm clock, which was currently dead and needed to be recharged, my nightlight for when I stayed up late doing homework, my phone and its charger, things like that. 

  Eventually, I forced myself to reach over and grab my phone and shoved in a pair of headphones. I picked a random playlist, turned the volume up to max, and closed my eyes. 

  Dang, that was short. Doesn't really need to be longer though. 

^^^

  Toby's POV:

  "What the f*ck do we do?" Tommy asked, frowning. We were sitting alone in the kitchen, because Rylan hadn't come out of his room, despite us calling. We didn't even know if he was still in there. 

  "I don't know. I think we have to go into his room though," I said, rubbing my eyes. 

  "That's a f*cking awful idea," Tom said. I glared at him. 

  "Got any better ideas? We've still got g*dd*mn school."

  Tommy groaned. "F*cking h*ll, I forgot." 

  "How do you forget school?! We have our pain in the *ss finals in two days!" 

  "Shut up. Let's just get Rylan up, and then we'll head to that h*llhole." 

  I rolled my eyes. Tommy was an idiot. But I loved him for it (plantonic... I shouldn't even have to say this). I stood up, telling Tom to set some yogurts and bus money for us all on the table, then to hurry up and get ready.  

  I stood in front of Ry's door, taking a moment of hesitation, before knocking one last time. No response. 

  "Ry," I called. Still nothing. "Rylan?" 

  I opened the door and poked my head into his room. I blinked, surprised by the one h*ll of a disaster that greeted me. Ry never let things get this bad. 

  I tore my gaze from the mess. I didn't have to look very hard for my best friend. He was buried under his covers, a human-sized lump under the blankets. The window wasn't open but light was pouring in through the cracking in the curtains. Ry had his blankets over his head. His alarm clock appeared to be dead, with nothing on the screen.