10K Special: The Sidestory Chronicles

GUYS! HOW ON EARTH?! 

  *dancing around and chanting* 10k! 10k! 10k! 10k!

  And exctly 600 votes.

  I'll be completely honest with you, I have never hit this number before and was never expecting to. Thank you all so so much for you kindness and support, it really makes this feel like something I want to do and not a chore, even though I am now beholden to a schedule. ILY ALL SO MUCH /p. 

  P.S. I have fifty drafts right now of rough chapter outlines : / Loooong. 

  Prompt: Highschool gang is back! And this time, Fundy and Wilbur got in a war over the last slice of pizza at a late night hang out. 

  Trigger Warnings: swearing, smoking weed, implied issues  with mental / physical / emotional health (just the beginning), drinking / alcohol. 

  Philza's POV: 

  "Promise me you'll be responsible," I begged. Wilbur hugged me, catching me off guard. 

  "I can't promise I'll be completely responisble, but I won't do anything too stupid or bad, like blow up the apartment. And we'll clean up messes, I promise." 

  "It's the least we can do for the chaos that's about to happen," Karl called from the couch with a smile. He was sandwitched between Nick and Alexis, one of which was inhaling pizza, and the other smoking something definitely not good. 

  I sighed. Wilbur might have crazy friends with some admittedly bad habits, but they were good people underneath it all. Besides, who was I to judge with Wilbur and his issues? 

  "Okay," I sighed again. 

  Mumza reappeared from our room, handing Wil our spare key. "Don't lose it honey, okay?" She leaned over, kissing his forehead.

  "I won't," Wilbur promised. 

  I really hoped that he could hold to those promises. Really really hoped he could. 

  "Love you, okay? If anything happens, call us or Jonathan's parents and we'll be over as quick as we can," I said. 

  "Phil," he complained. "I'll be fine. Go enjoy your date night."

  Kirstin latched onto my arm. I looked at her, and she nodded. "He'll be fine. He's done plenty things more dangerous than this."

  I hated the truth of that statement. The only dangerous thing Wilbur should have done in his life so far was host a part with his insane friends. But it wasn't and I had to trust Wilbur to handle himself. 

  "Alright. You have your inhaler?"

  "Yeah."

  "And you have the keys?"

  "And your phone?"

  "Yes, Phil, I have my phone. It's charged too." He even showed the screen to me for proof.

  "Alright, alright. I'll go."

  Wilbur gave me a shove, and Kirstin and I left the apartment. How all those boys and Niki and Minx fit into that small place, I didn't know. We carefully walked through the dark and dim drugstore that we owned that sat below our apartment. 

  I opened the door for Kirstin and we stepped out into one of the neon-lit plazas of the Minecraft Mall. Tonight was late night, whether for games, dates, or anything inbetween. I gave one last glance behind. I could hear those rowdy kids all the way down here. Then I closed the door, locked it behind me, and linked arms with my wife.