Chapter Eight

Hello! Song is Am I Wrong by Nico and Vinz. Art of benchtrio is by Vita! 

  Hello! Welcome again. I have a request. Please, please read the .5 chapters. Some of them are comics, especially at the beginning, but as we progress, they become more and include excerpts and scenes that may be important to the later plot. For example, Chapter 9.5 is a simple comic, but Chapter 11.5 Pt 2 is an important call between Floris and Ry.

  That's all for now. Enjoy the chapter! 

  Trigger Warning(s): swearing, mentions of implied suicide

  Tommy's POV: 

  "What is it with celebrating all these dumb national holidays?" I grumbled. 

  "You know what we should bring up?" Toby asked. "Today's also National Napping Day. They should let us take naps as well." 

  I burst into laughter, imagining Professor Spencer's reaction if I told her that National Pi Day was also National Napping Day. She'd hate me even more than she already did. Unfortunately, I had two classes with her this semester. 

  We passed finals. Toby had barely scraped by, I had done surprising decent, and Ry of f*cking course did amazing. So now we were on our last semester until we could graduate. Ry wasn't with us this morning. He only had a week or two of track left, and the coach had decided to move the remaining days to morning practice since it was getting extremely hot these days.

  And I mean extremely hot. It was absolutely ridiculous. 

  I was glad things were swinging normally again. It sounds strange, but playing with those barbies had been relaxing in a way. It had allowed us to feel normal for once. Just kids playing a game together.

  We were sitting on the steps of our apartment building, waiting for Blade to come and pick us up. He offered to give us a ride because he had something to propose, and it would be easier in person than over text. 

  Eventually, his faded pink car pulled into the parking lot. He rolled down his  window and called to us. 

  "Ya coming?" 

  We jumped into the back of his car and he pulled out of the parking lot. 

  "Wassup Blade?" I asked. 

  He sighed. "Nothin' much." He raised an eyebrow at us through the rearview mirror.

  "We haven't got much going on," Toby said. 

  Well, as far as I was aware, Toby didn't have anything going on. Blade knew I had plenty of dumb sh*t running rampant in my f*cking h*ll of a life. 

  It was a good thing I had people like Ry and Toby and those at the SBI drugstore to keep me from doing something like dive off the deep end or get f*cking caught and dragged back "home."

  "Well, good. Because I'd like to take ya two and Rylan out for a little surprise t'day." 

  I blinked. Surprise? From the Blade? What the h*ll was going on?

  Toby just perked up, not even questioning the strange behavior. "Does it involve food?" Blade gave an amused snort, looking away from us and back at the road. 

  "Yes, it does involve some food." 

  "Let's f*cking go!" Toby yelled, pumping his fist. I covered my ears, wishing he wasn't sitting right next to me. "Decent food for once." 

  "Hey," I said defensively, "I make fine Mac 'n cheese." 

  "Somehow, I doubt that," Blade said.