{25}

Oscar was outside grabbing the groceries from the car, while his daughter was playing in the front lawn. He glances back as he was taken a few in his hand. "Stay on the porch sofía" he says, voice stern. He then reaches back into the car to get more bag of groceries.

"Who are you?" Sofía's small voice asked.

Oscar thought maybe she was just talking to an imaginary friend until the person spoke. He dropped everything he was doing and turned around. It was cesar. "Sofía get inside" Oscar says.

"Why?" she whines. She looks at Cesar with a smile. "What's your name?" she asked.

"I'm Cesar, your dad's brother" Cesar smiles.

"Now Sofía" Oscar makes his way over to Cesar. "Go see what grandma is doing" he says, looking at her. Once she was gone his attention goes back to Cesar. "The hell you doing here?" he asked, voice laced with annoyance.

Cesar looks at Oscar for a moment but doesn't say anything. He didn't know how to ask him for help so he decided to ease it in. "I didn't know I had a niece" he says, "Looks like you" Cesar adds.

"Well, you aren't around" Oscar says, wanting to skip this small talk. "What do you want Cesar?" he asks, again.

"I need your help" Cesar began to say.

Oscar shakes his head, he wasn't in that business anymore. "I have a family now, baby on the way. I can't help you unless you want to get out of that life" he says.

Cesar clenches his fist but says nothing, he shakes his head and scoffs. "Who do you think  prophet$ are going to come for? They're all out of jail. It's going to be linked back to us and besides when Santos finds out what we did to Cuchillos we're all dead" Cesar says.

Oscar run his hand over his face, he looks at Cesar. "I'll deal with it when it's time" he says, before walking away.

Cesar says nothing else, he walks away. He didn't know what he was going to do now. He gets back into his car and headed back towards the Santos spot.

Once Cesar arrives at the house, he gets out the car and walks towards the door. The girl he's seeing has been hitting him up all day, and it anmoyed him. He cared about her but something was missing. As he made his way towards his porch, something makes him stop in his tracks. He couldn't believe what he was seeing right now. His heart felt like it leaped from his chest. "Monse?" he asks, confused. She died at least that's what he thought. She was now standing in front of him, in living flesh. "How?" he asks.

Monse steps off the porch, she looks around for a moment. "Before the prophet$ got to me a couple saved me" Monse says. "I thought I was going to die but I was in the hospital, my dad thought it wad best if people knee I was dead. He wanted to save me from this place" Monse says, she moves towards Cesar.

Cesar steps away from her, he shakes his head. "Leave now" he says, sounding hurt. She tried to reach out for him but he moves past her. "I said leave!" he yells, which makes a few people look over. It was his old friends. Their lives were what they wanted but his wasn't. He's still in a gang, going nowhere in life. He walked off going inside his house, slamming his door.

Anger took over Cesar, he began to break some things in his house. Tears started to fall down his face, how could his brother turn him away? How could Monse do this to him? He slumps down in a chair, take out some liquor drinking it. He reaches inside his pocket pulling out his phone texting his girl. He needed a distraction right now, she was just what he needed.

Sorry for updating late, I've been busy.
I'll try and do it more often.
Also if you guys could check out my other story called Amore that would be geat.