{3}

Hours later Heaven's orientation was finally over, the clock had read seven pm. "That took way too long" she said. She was talking to one of the friends she had made during the program.

"You're absolutely right" one of the friends replied.

Once they reached outside, the sun had gone down slightly. It wasn't beaming like it was before, which caused Heaven to smile. "It's finally cool out" she chuckled.

"Can't take the California sun?" another friend asked.

"Honestly" she looked up at them. "No, I can't because around this time. It would be cold where I'm from, this is all new to me" she replied.

"Soon you will get use to it" the friend replied. They were making their way towards the one friend's car, that's when she seen him on the other side of the parking lot. Her friends soon noticed, they turned their attention towards the guy as well. "Should we be worried?" the friend asked.

"No" Heaven shook her head. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" she said before walking away. She made her way through the parking lot, she shook her head in disbelief. He was leaning against the car just like before, he had different clothes on this time. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I was around so decided to come by, to see if you needed a ride home" Oscar replied. "Is that a problem?" he asked crossing his arms.

She chuckled and shook her head, it was actually nice of him. "Uh, no it's not" she replied. "Thank you" Heaven went over getting in the car.

Oscar smiled then got off the car, he got inside. This time he actually buckled his seat belt. He soon started to drive off. "Seems like you made a lot of friends" he decided to start a conversation.

"I wouldn't call them friends just yet because I just met them" she said. "More like acquaintances which could possibly lead to a friendship" Heaven added.

She let out a sigh as she turned towards the window, she always wanted to come to California but a part of her missed home. The cold winters, hot chocolate, sweaters and snowboarding. She soon was thrown out of thought by Oscar turning a different way, they weren't heading towards Jamal's house. "Where do you think you're going?" she looked over at him.

"It's a surprise" Oscar glanced over at her before turning his attention back towards the road.

"I don't like surprises and I barely even know you" she replied. "Scratch that, I don't know you. For all I know you could be dragging me to the woods to kill me" she tried to hide the panic in her voice.

The only thing Oscar did was laugh at her. Which caused her to frown at him, she rolled her eyes. "So happy you find this funny" she replied.

"Mhm" Oscar hummed back. He soon pulled up to a pizza place, it read authentic Italian pizza. "Stay right here" with that he got out the car.

"I swear" Heaven muttered. She pulled out her phone, the battery read fifteen precent. "Great" she placed it inside her purse. She didn't even have a charger so if he were to kill her, she wouldn't have a way to call anyone. She ended up jumping when the driver's door opened, she looked over to see him hold a pizza box.

Once he was inside he placed the box in the back seat, he then started up the car again and headed out the parking lot. "You good?" he asked.

Nothing could come out her mouth so she just nodded her head, the ride was in complete silence. She had no idea where they were going or what his plan was. When he had turned off on a dirt road. Her heart began to race quickly, she just knew this was her end.

But soon they pulled up to a barn, he looked over at her. "We're here" Oscar shut the car off. He got out the car, then reached in the back grabbing the pizza along with two bags. He then closed the door walking towards the barn. He noticed Heaven hadn't gotten out the car yet, he looked over his shoulder. "You coming?" his voice was just loud enough for her to hear.

Heaven placed her purse on the floor, she then got out the car. She looked around, the only thing she heard was little critters. It was now dark, the moon and stars actually shined something she knew she wouldn't see in the city.

When she walked inside Oscar was sitting down on a blanket, the previews on a movie were rolling. Confusion came upon her face, she walked over to him. "What is this?" she asked.

Oscar looked up at her "I figured you wanted to do something after being in that long ass orientation" he said.

Heaven couldn't help but smile, that was absolutely sweet of him which was surprising to her. He was doing this for someone he didn't even know. "Thank you" she took a seat next to Oscar.

For the rest of the night the two enjoyed the movie and pizza, it was quite nice something she hadn't done in a long time.