Summer Series Travel

I'm currently sitting on a plane next to Tobin and next to her was Christen. Yes I got stuck with Preath. I think I drew the short stick.

"Don't look so down Bailey. You're going to love us." Tobin smirks poking my side making me jump slightly. This is like the tenth time she has done this. In between she tries to tickle me. I let out a large breath glaring at my friend. "Don't touch me." I whisper my hands firmly gripping the arm rests.

We were currently climbing in altitude. And I absolutely hate flying. "Oh loosen up Bailey. It's not like I kicked you or anything." Tobin teases with a smile.

"Kelley do you want to switch seats with me?" I ask the girl behind me. Kelley just laughs shaking her head. "Alex, Emily should we let Bailey switch seats with me?" She asks her seat buddies.

"I think we should let B suffer today. Don't you think Pinoe?" Alex looks to Megan who is across the aisle from me.

"I think that is a perfect idea." Megan teases with a laugh. I groan hitting my head against the head rest.

"Passengers you may take off your seatbelts and open your tray tables and walk in the aisle to use the bathroom." The pilot states over the intercom.

I immediately unbuckle my seatbelt rushing to the empty seat next to Kristie and Sam. "Hi." I smile big trying to hide my annoyance for Tobin and my fear of flying.

"Hiya there Bailey, you good?" Sam asks worryingly. "Yep never better."

"You look ready to puke. You hate flying and you forgot your comfort tool and Tobin was annoying you." Kristie points out. I sigh shaking my head. "Damn you're good. Yeah I forgot to take Gomez out of my suitcase and put him in my carry on. And Tobin kept jabbing me in the side and trying to tickle me."

Gomez was my pet rock. He was a rock that I found in England, and when I brought him home that night I scored my first goal. And he's been my good luck charm ever since. He's also my comfort tool on planes. He's a very smooth rock. And I can "pet" him when I get scared on the plane ride.

"Here. I thought that might happen." Kristie pulls out a small obsidian rock from her jacket pocket. "It may not be Gomez, but maybe it can help." I smile pulling the 'Fruity' Mewis into a hug. "Thank you. You are an amazing friend."

Kristie smiles "well I can only be an amazing friend, if you are an amazing friend back."

"You guys have a weird friendship." Sam comments with a smile on her face. "Bringing rocks. You both name rocks. So weird."

"Be quiet non fruity Mewis." I tease to Sam. "I'm Fruity pebbles on your phone right?" Kristie asks with a wide smile.

"Duh." I shrug with a laugh. Sam rolls her eyes, "I'm going to go bother Rose, you two have fun over here, bond over the fact that you two are in love with girls with cute accents." She gets up carefully sneaking past us to go talk to Rose who was in front of me before moving.

Kristie rolls her eyes at her sister a blush on her face. I raise my eyebrows suggestively, "who is this girl Fruity Pebbles?"

Kristie shoved me playfully, "you're an ass, but Sam Kerr."

"You love an Australian accent and I love a British accent... the fact that they sound a bit a like is freaky."

Kristie tilts her head to the side before laughing. "Yeah you're right." I smile as we just fall into a comfortable conversation about everything and anything.

I would consider Alex and Kristie some of my closest friends on the team. Besides Preath.

Before we knew it we had landed in Austin for the game. When we got off the plane we were ushered into a two big busses and off to the hotels. Covid got the world into a weird life.