Through the looking glass

"Oakley James come back here you little stinker!" I yell chasing around my three year old son. He was currently running around butt ass naked dripping wet from his bath.

"Oakley, listen to your Mama." Flo states from her spot in the kitchen making dinner for all of us. "Gotta catch me." He teases me still running. "Real helpful babe." I playfully glare looking at my wife. "What? You're the Olympic soccer player." She points out to me. "He's your son." I point out. "Touché." She giggles placing the spatula on the counter turning the burner off pushing the pan to the back of the stove.

Oakley James was born October 1st. He is the light of our lives. He is Flo's biological son with a donor who we both chose. Who ironically looks a lot like both of us. But the biggest thing we decided that was even when it was my egg or her egg we wanted them to still have the same biological father by the sperm donor. That way there was the off chance that they could look like each other not just Flo and I. And still be blood related in case of anything happening to us... not that we think about that. Just precautionary since we both go on planes often for work. And you know, Final Destination.

We planned on having two more kids. One biologically mine with the help of a surrogate, and one more biologically Flo's.

Currently Oakley looks a lot like Florence did when she was a young child. Besides his eyes. He has bright blue eyes. The sperm donor has blue eyes. Which I do as well.

Which makes saying no to him almost impossible for me. He looks like my wife with my eyes, okay. How am I supposed to say no to him?

"Oakley you come back here you little..." I point to her raising an eyebrow as if daring her to finish that sentence. "Silly goose." She rolls her eyes at having to say an American slang word. I try not to laugh as Flo went to grab him but he swerved running away again. "Bloody Hell." She whispers rushing after him again.

"What are you just going to stand there and watch?" She asks me stopping quickly to look at where I'm standing. "I'm getting a lot of entertainment out of this." I chuckle before raising my finger to my lips as to shush her. 'He's right behind you.' I mouth to her. She nods slightly letting him walk closer to her.

'Now.' I mouth quickly, she turns scooping him up. I smile hearing his little giggles fill the space as he tries to wiggle free from his Mummy's grip. "Mummy let me go."

"Sorry son, but it's bath time. It's get home from preschool, play time with Auntie Christen and Mama until I come home. Then dinner, then bath time, then we watch one movie. Then bed time." She explains the routine to our son once again. "But Mummy, you picked me up from school today. And I take bath before dinner." He points out. He's a pretty smart kid.

"You do have a point. But the schedule is still the same. Instead of play time with Mama and Auntie Christen, you had play time with me and Mama because we went to the park today." "Yes, and you got super muddy because it rained last night and you decided to dive right into the big mud puddle." I point out tickling my sons feet listening to his infectious laughter fill the room. "Hence bath time before dinner." Flo finishes for me.

"Let's finish getting you dried and dressed in your pajamas then we can have the delicious meal that Mummy prepared for us." I take him from her arms carrying him to the bathroom placing him on the toilet seat. I quickly finish drying him.

"Pull up time." He's potty trained but he doesn't always get up to go potty at night so we make sure he has a pull up on for any accidents that may occur. He quickly steps into the pull up. "Which pajamas do you want to wear?" Little man points to his favorite custom made black widow pajamas.