New beginnings

"So, you ready? "she asks him .

He sighed. It wasn't that he felt nervous meeting Kei's parents , he was quite sure they would like him. He looked at the two-storey house in front of him. A normal house. There was a cool breeze blowing through the quiet neighborhood.

She had given him her address and phone number the day before the graduation ceremony and told him to call her after graduation so they could meet her parents. At that time, he was counting down the seconds till his father came barging into the school to take him away. He just took  the paper and committed it to memory lest his father found it and did something drastic.

But of course , he never came to take him away...

They had met at a nearby cafe which was by itself a whole new experience for him commuting till there and they were now standing infront of her house.

Gold eyes peered into purples' as she took his hand. He nodded to which she smiled brightly. He could see that she was nervous given how awkwardly she held his hand.

 If he had to guess her mind was overloaded with various situations how her family will react to her walking into her house hand-in-hand with a boy who he claimed to be her boyfriend.

Based on what Kei had told while they were walking to her house , her parents had always been supportive of her though her father might dote on her too much. She had a little sister who was in her third year of middle school. This was news to him as her existence had never been brought up once in all their conversations in their two years of dating.

For the first time in his life, he had no plan. He would be charging blind into this and going along with the atmosphere and if he was being honest to himself, it felt nice to do so. One of the many things he would have never done if he had not met Kei.

Kei pressed the doorbell and a few seconds later he heard a girl's voice saying, "Mom, nee-san is home! " and the door opened. Kei's sister looked like a shorter version of herself but with brown hair and blue eyes. No sooner had the door opened than it had been thrown shut and he heard a loud shriek, " AND SHE HAS A BOY WITH HER!". 

Kei turned red and shouted " Idiot!" and opened the door.

Welp.

 ▢▢▢

We were all sitting around the table for dinner eating the food laid out on it as my mother insisted Kiyo join us for dinner.

"So Ayanakouji-kun how did you meet my daughter ?", my dad said in an innocent voice but everyone at the table could tell the underlying meaning of his words .

Hoh! You have managed to ensnare my eldest but hold your horses, for you will not go any further.

I flinched which went unnoticed by my family as they were looking at Kiyo. Our first interaction was not one which lead to a romantic relation to put it lightly. I looked at my boyfriend who had a cool expression on his face as he looked up to answer my dad.

" We were in the same class and we first met when we were put in the same team for an examination between different classes ", he replied.

Technically the truth, but not the whole truth .

My mother spoke up,  "Kei got more marks than any of us expected her to. Do you have anything to do with it, Ayanakouji-kun ?".

I puffed up my chest in pride. Due to our efforts, (some more than others...) our class had graduated from class A and you could say I had the best improvement in terms of grades. By the time of graduation I had an A in academic abilities and got an 89 in our final exam. My mother was jumping up and down when she got my report card and could not believe I had gotten such high marks. Now she suspected it had something to do with Kiyo. Well she was not wrong.