A Day Out with his Mom

"Ummm... mom? "

"Ara, feeling nervous are we?"

"...."

"Fufufu, don't worry I have done it many times here. You can also trust this kind lady."

They were in a hair salon. Kiyotaka was convinced by 'his mom' to get rid of his ponytail. According to her, even though it looked good on him it would not make a good impression to his potential future employer. Apparently running a hospital had become a business too and those people would stop at nothing to snatch up ideal future star doctors and thesis writers. As the top scorer in the country, he would definitely be observed.

'First impressions are very important as they  tell a lot about that person's personality before you even meet them.'

These were the words that convinced him. It wasn't the only instance of her giving him good life advice. She had previously explained the education system to him too,

'Schools and universities don't teach you so that you can make money, they teach you so that you get a job and take your place in society.'

Though childish at times, she seemed to have deep knowledge on practical topics. Kiyotaka wondered whether she was just a deep thinker sharing her knowledge sharing her thoughts or an experienced parent enlightening him and widening his worldview.

"Darling, you don't need to worry. Just relax and leave it all to me.", the hair stylist said to him. That was exactly what worried him. She was on old woman who tried to hide her wrinkles under excessive makeup and failed miserably to do so. Her hairstyle was the old-fashioned curls type. Why couldn't he have the more fashionable looking woman who sitting in one of the seats reading a magazine?

He gave another look at the woman who convinced him into this situation. Woman are scary. She smiled at him and gave a thumbs up. He sighed, closed his eyes and put the fate of his hair in the woman standing behind him.

 ▢▢▢

It was simple common sense. If two barbers did their hair for each other obviously the one with the worse hairstyle was the better stylist.

His hairstyle right now was like his hair when he joined ANHS but it was super soft. He did not know what shampoo the woman used after the haircut to wash his hair but it felt as soft as a Kei's hair.

He was currently in the changing rooms of a dress store wearing a black tuxedo. He had already told Kei's mother that he would be paying for the dress. She was currently waiting for him outside, and would give his opinion on his his appearance.

The tuxedo was supposed to be worn by all the members of the orchestra while they were performing. Shiromeguri-senpai had made it very clear that they had to look immaculate on the days of their performances. 

The tuxedo was selected by his mom. It was a standard white shirt with a black jacket on top. 

He called out from inside to the woman who was sitting outside, "The pants are a little too big."

"Ahh, don't worry they will take your measurements, and tailor it later. Just tell me if you like the cloth and the color."

"Yeah, I'll take this one I guess.", he said as he came out of the dressing room with a double breasted tuxedo and slightly oversized pants . If they were any bigger they would've slid down his legs and embarrass him. Luckily he had a belt that was holding it up tight.

His mom looked at him from top to bottom with a finger under her chin looking at him as if he was a painting she had to review. After the scanning, she looked back at him with a smile oh her face.