Interlude

It was empty!

Not a single soul was present. No children. No guards. Noone!

"Sakayanagi-sama, we broke open the door to the security room.", my assistant called.

"Good job, I'm coming."

The white walls which looked as bleak and desolate as ever had very faint signs of dust on them indicating that it had been less than a week since there had been any humans maintaining the facility but that was already after Sensei had left. For the first time in almost 25 years the White Room was empty.

Did he take the children along with him, or were they taken someplace else? I was in deep thought as I followed my assistant through the long halls of the this god forsaken place where the sun does not shine. 

After a few minutes of traversing through the long windowless hallways we arrived at a steel door with a biometric scanner beside it. The scanner had a long wire connecting it to a laptop.

My assistant went to the laptop and did something with it and when he looked up and pressed some button and the steel door slid sideways without making a sound as if it were a normal door.

I walked inside to find many monitors arranged in rows upon the wall in front of a desk. All the monitors were currently black. I needed information from atleast one month back. I couldn't do batcrap with all the fancy technology these days much less a twenty monitor computer. That job is for the other person in the room. I motioned for him to get to work. 

The journey to here had taken eight hours mainly because this time we had no guide to help us find the facility which was deep in the forest. Most of it was based off of my memory from when I had visited this establishment 11 years ago with my daughter. 

That day she swore that she would put an end to this establishment. I had no doubt that she could do it but what I didn't tell her were the consequences that would come even if she successfully managed to raze the facility to the ground. Japan's itself would fall into debt. The Government's higher ups would do anything to protect Sensei. One reason was because of his stream of money he received from from his foreign partners. Infact, the government had known had known about the white room since its early years. The main reason was the promise Sensei made to the current Prime Minister-  'Ayanakouji Kiyotaka will be the next leader of Japan'. 

Infact if he had not escaped to my school, he would already be holding the position, but I wasn't going to complain. Both ways benefited me greatly but in the current situation he was in debt to me which I could cash in at any time.

Who knows? I could even make him leave that poor girl and marry Arisu.

"Sir..."

"Hmm?"

"There is no data on the computer. It was all deleted before the owners left."

I sighed, "There's no way around it. I already have an important piece of information that changes things. Let's get going then. You can relock the door right?".

He nodded and I walked out of the room.

There's no one here Ayanakouji. What do you think is happening?

 ▢▢▢

He's alive. 

What do I do?

I was the one who had left him, leaving him in that hell.

Do I have any right to come back into his life? Was I ever a part of his life? He probably forgot me, didn't he?

At that moment while I was wallowing in my own self despair I got forwarded a message from Akari. I pressed the notification on my phone and what I saw next gave a feeling I've never felt before.

It was my son walking alongside a girl with blonde hair holding her hand. 

He was smiling.

Never in all those years had I never seen him give even a hint of a smile just a dead expression but here he was smiling!

I felt sad realising he had a woman in his life that wasn't me and could make him smile.

The next picture made my blood boil. It was what appeared to be a family photo with Kiyotaka and who were most possibly his girlfriend's family. They were smiling and the woman with brown had her hand on MY son's shoulder. He was smiling too.

The next message broke for the second time that week.

He calls the man and woman his pops and mom. The man we sent said he'll try for more information on the adults. Kyouko are u ok? Sry if its a bad time.

I did not reply. Even though I hadn't met him in years, I still felt my motherly instincts rising. I was thinking about my ex-husband was and how he could let his 'masterpiece' leave that place.

Or did he escape?

It might be a selfish request but I prayed to god that my son would come to me and smile the same way he did at those people.

That night I fell asleep at 1 a.m. after staring at the wall for 3 whole hours.

Author's Note:

Yo. 

So? What do you think?

Just a short interlude before Kiyo and Kei start college. I'll put a chapter for the last day of holidays starting with Hina POV.

After that, a new environment to build upon. I might not go too deep into the classes, my main focus will be on college life and lifestyle. Look out for the characters from both universes. For those who don't know Yuinoshita Haruno will be in her 3rd year at this point of time.

That's it yall.

Peace.