The Job Fair (1)

Ladies and Gentlemen, rejoice for I have officially returned.

It's been a month so if you forgot what's happening, Kiyo and Kei are  gonna meet Hiyori and Kiyo will take Hiyori to an author's meet and greet happening at their college's job fair.

Classes were completed earlier than usual that Friday. All because of the job fair to be conducted that day. Since 3 pm, students could see people from various businesses setting up their stalls. 

Though the stalls of the most prominent companies were said to be in Chibadai hall, the main hall of the university there were also quite a few stalls present outside.

The job fair, though termed as if it would be a gathering of companies to provide employment to the soon to graduate seniors, it was actually completely different. 

The main aim of the fair was to provide internships to students. These internships were highly competed for, as having work experience in a good company a letter of recommendation from them would undoubtedly look good on anyone's resume. 

One could say this was the most important event before the summer break started and rightfully so. Internships lasted  throughout the summer which were invaluable because they didn't affect university timings. 

All the senior students, looked like they were on a mission to get a good internship by the end of the fair. Everybody had resumes they had prepared to the best of their abilities.

Katsuragi had run away the moment classes had finished mumbling something about his sister. Kei and Kiyotaka were working towards the entrance where Hiyori had told them she would be waiting. 

They found her standing in the shade of some nearby trees holding a book which probably was one written by Banana-san. She waved at the both of them as they approached her.

Kiyotaka returned her greeting with a small wave of his hand while Kei started head patting Hiyori when she reached her.

"Ahhh stop Kei-chan, you always like to tease me!", Hiyori whined.

"Hmph! Not my fault you're so cute.", she said as she finally stopped the headpats.

Hiyori checked if her headband was inplace before greeting Kiyotaka, "Nice hair cut Kiyotaka-kun, it's been a while since it's been that short."

"Well... you know, summer heat and all. Let's get going shall we?"

"Yes!", she replied enthusiastically. "Banana-san tweeted that she'll be starting in 35 minutes. Let's look at all the stalls while we wait."

 ▢▢▢

[ God damnit I missed using this ]

There were booths all around with students flooding them, filling in as many application forms as they could. He noticed was that there seemed to be many start-up companies present. Taking into account the sheer overwhelming number of such businesses he could conclude that more than for future of the university students, the job fair was more important for the economy of the capital city, Chiba.

Though the most sought after companies were the ones that already made a name for themselves. Every business, management, engineer, and other major student was vying for a position in the biggest company in the city, Yukinoshita Corp.

To prevent the 'talentless folk' from wasting their time by applying, they had already set a minimum threshold for the grades of the applicants. Based on what he heard from the conversations of passer-bys it was at an all time high of 87%.