The Fireworks Festival (3)

The perfect bait. She has nothing to do except take it. Of course she will be thinking that she will be in control because she will have to make the first move to reach me. Unfortunately for her, I had already made the first move.

I was not the actual winner of raffle which was a game of chance. I had played god and made a certain event manager the actual winner much before the actual  event started. 

As he took the cheque from the influential figure, there were many flashes of cameras from the reporters in front of the stage. She struggled to keep a straight face to her before composing herself . She took a discreet look at a hill where the VIP area had been set up, probably wondering her husband's reaction to his appearance and then went back to smiling for the cameras and taking peeks at him. When Kiyotaka walked off the stage, she stood there for a moment before leaving as well with a contemplating expression on her beautiful face.

Kiyotaka made his way to the excited Kei and her family (barring Hina) who were standing at the edge of the crowd. He greeted them.

"Yo."

"Kiyotaka! What will you do with all that money?", Kei asked.

"Dunno, I'll probably use it to payback Director Sakayanagi.", he said effectively cutting off further discussion on the topic as they nodded in understanding.

"Where is Hina?" mom asked.

"She left us to meet up with some friends.", Kei answered.

"Ah, it's almost time for the fireworks. Lets get going before all the good spots are taken.", Pops said gently pushing everyone in the direction the crowd was heading.

They started making their way to the viewing area where everyone would have a clear view of the fireworks. While they were making their way over, suddenly there was a loud whistle as a streak of light climbed up higher and higher into the sky until it died out. Everyone had stopped and moving and stared up at the sky with bated breath and with loud bang the sky erupted in color. Then all hell broke loose, as multiple streaks of fire were sent up turning the night sky into a canvas with colors being painted onto it only to be replaced by new colors. It was mesmerizing sight for Kiyotaka. Even the ocean paled in beauty to the what he was seeing now.

Kei rest her head on his shoulder and he responded he putting an arm around her waist and her pulling her closer. Pops and mom were in a similar position too, both smiling widely as the colors flashed on their faces.

Someone's watching. Now they know my connection the Karuizawa family.

It wasn't worth much attention at the moment. He ignored it and went back to watching the fireworks like the thousands of other people standing there.

 ▢▢▢

Honestly this good-for-nothing sister of mine, she is so stupid! The fireworks were already over and she was still nowhere to be found. She wasn't answering any of my calls or texts. She better not be ignoring me.

Kiyo suggested going to the place where there were expensive stalls. I didn't know why but I decided to follow him anyway. 

I didn't want to tell him and ruin it but, my boyfriend looks so handsome when he smiles!

He had been unconsciously smiling ever since the fireworks had ended and for once it seemed like a genuine smile, like he was happy with how things were. The only other time he had smiled like that was when he saw everyone in our class celebrating when we successfully graduated from class A. He looked like an old man who had watched his children finally grow up. Infact, the last exam he expressed to me how satisfying it was to not be able to do anything for once because everyone had finally grown to the point where they could take on the exam with their own skills. A bit late if you asked me, considering he had to break his back carrying the class in every other exam.