Conversation

When Evelynn heard what Reion said she could feel her body itching for the answer hoping it would remove some of her guilt. She nodded as she sat back down and Reion let Evelynn's hand go, Reion exhaled and smiled.

"My dad told me to help you guys out before. Not gonna lie I hate that you just reached out to me when you needed help. But whenever I am alone I kept thinking what if I was the one on your shoes? Would you let me in the door where you are living? Would you prevent me from speaking further and close the door? Questions like these entered my mind every time I ride the motorcycle," Reion said as he dragged his body to lean his back on the wall.

"And to be honest, I don't know why I let you in. Call me stupid or what but I know it wasn't sympathy back then. Maybe just to clean some of the promises the people made in the past or maybe to silence the voices that haunts me. So to answer your question, I dont know and even I want to know myself," Reion said and scoffed at how funny he thought it was.

Evelynn could only look down again. She sighed and smiled as she looked at Reion, Reion noticed and looked back.

"How about you girls, what was your life before all this?" Reion asked as his hands emphasized making Evelynn's smile disappear and her face began to worry.

"I-we, I mean," Evelynn stuttered thinking on what to say. Her thoughts were busy thinking that her answers might trigger hate. Reion noticed that since she wasn't the type to speak like this. He heard rumors about the Diva being cold yet somehow it made her more beautiful.

"Relax, I won't get mad I can promise you this," Reion said with a smile to calm her down and he could hear Evelynn sigh.

"I-it was the best," Evelynn said with a decreasing volume making Reion smile.

"Why is it?" Reion asked.

"Uh I, shouldn't we go to bed?" Evelynn asked trying to avoid it.

"Nah uh, I know you'd just stay awake if we leave things like this so come on," Reion said making Evelynn sighed in defeat since he guessed right.

"Well after we left, we were given a pass to travel the whole world first," Evelynn said making Reion chuckle and Evelynn thought she fucked up.

"Ever been to the Philippines?" Reion asked to reduce the pressure.

"Yeah, we went there but not for long. Did you go there?" Evelynn asked.

"Mhm, we were deployed there once to help them train so it was fun," Reion said.

"How so?" Evelynn asked.

"Well we were sent to Luzon, Manila I think? And then we were moved separately, I was deployed in one of their regions where Indigenous people lived. Baguio, yep there," Reion said with a laugh. It was hazy in his memories but there was something to talk about. He looked at Evelynn and noticed how her eyes were saying as if she wanted to know more.

"So how was it? The coldest part of the Philippines?" Evelynn asked.

"It was great, I remember that after training we were allowed to go out as civilians so I managed to look around. They had a very wary people, must not be used to seeing a foreigner but they were kind. I'm still embarrassed when I forgot my change before and the cashier came running to return it," Reion said and chuckled.

"Your change might have been high," Evelynn said since the Reion she's looking at right now is lending a huge amount of money to them.

"It was a dollar," Reion replied making Evelynn confused.

"All that hassle for a dollar?" Evelynn asked.

"Yeah, I dont know why but man does it leave a good impression," Reion said.