24

Half a year has passed since we were on holiday.

It's winter now and it's so cold again. I don't like winter. It always gets dark so early, it's cold and it's usually bad weather. Except when it snows, then winter is nice again.

Right now I'm watching Jude and Gio yelling at each other about Fifa all the time.

They argue about who's better, but actually they're both really bad.

"Come on, Leya. You have to say I'm better.Even if Jude is your friend, I'm better," Gio says.

"I already told you, you both suck at playing," I say as I snuggle even more into the blanket on the couch. Firstly because it's warm and secondly because it smells like Jude.

"If you talk like that, then you'll play against me and we'll see who plays badly here," Gio says challengingly.

"Gio, this is a bad idea. She's going to win," Jude says confidently.

"No way."

Jude hands me his controller and we play against each other.

In the end it's 4:0, for me.

"I told you. Nobody wins against my girlfriend." Jude says, sits down next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder.

At that moment my mobile phone rings. My mother.

"Hi mum. What's up?", I ask her kindly.

"Hi. I was wondering if you wanted to come home? I'm not feeling so well and I could use some help."

"Of course. I'll be home in a minute. Give me ten minutes," I say, hang up and get up immediately.

I hope it's nothing serious.

"Sorry guys, but I'm going home, my mother is sick."

"What's wrong with her?" asks Gio. "I don't know, that's why I want to see her right now.""Okay. I'll drive you.", Jude says as he takes his keys and walks out the door after me.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" he asks me as he pulls up in my driveway.

"No thanks," I say and open the car door.

"If anything comes up call me," he says. "I will. Thanks. I love you.", I say, close the door and quickly go inside the house.

"Mum? Is everything okay?", I ask her as I walk into the room.

"It's fine. But I can't get up. Can you get me a tablet and some water?"

"Okay. A tablet for what?"