30

"Where have you been?" Mrs Schwarz asks me as she opens the door for me.

"I was just outside to say hello to my boyfriend," I answer her, while the whole class stares at me.

"Your friend is Jude Bellingham? Why didn't I know that?", Tom suddenly asks as he stands up, stunned.

"Why would she tell you that? It's none of your business anyway?" says Kiara, standing defensively next to me.

"Then you were the girl in the picture from a few weeks before," he says suddenly.

"I think you're the last one here to find out," K says again.

Tom turns back to his friends, still stunned, and starts talking to them.

"Shall we have something to eat before the game starts?", I ask Kiara and pull myself along with her by my arm.

"Sure. Let's order something."

We both order a salad and join the others at the table as it is brought to us.

"How long until the game starts?" asks Tiffany dramatically as she too finishes eating, 20 minutes after the rest.

I look at the clock.

"Another 15 minutes," I finally answer her.

She just rolls her eyes and looks arrogantly in my direction.

"Let's go and sit outside," Kiara suggests.

I just nod at her, put my jacket back on and walk out with her.

The stadium is already full and you can hear the fans singing and shouting for their team.

I love this feeling in a big full stadium. I always get goose bumps and I think K seems to like it too, because she looks around with enthusiasm.

"Wow. This is so exciting," she says.

"Yes, it is," I tell her.

Before every game I am as excited as if it were my own.

"Look. It's starting," I say as the teams run onto the field.

"Who's this one Jude?", Kiara asks me.

I wait a moment until they have all positioned themselves. Jude is now standing with his back to us, so you can see his number clearly.

"There in the yellow jersey, number 22," I point to him and she is still looking for him, I think.