40

4 years later

"Guess what I have in my hand here," Paul says as he walks in the flat door.

"How am I supposed to know? Why don't you tell me?", I reply, reaching once for his hands, which he has hidden behind his back.

"Okay, okay. Wait."; he says and sits down next to me at our dining table.

He leans over to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"What is it now?"; I ask him a little excitedly.

He smiles at me and has two cards in his hands as he pulls them out.

What are these cards?

When he notices my questioning look, he takes a deep breath.

"I got tickets for the Chempions League final tonight," he finally says and smiles broadly.

I am quiet for a few seconds because I don't know how to answer the question.

"You're not happy, are you? Crap. I should have guessed," he says and looks down at the two cards.

"No, no. I really like football. I just haven't thought about going to a game in almost 4 years," I answer him and smile.

"Then everything fits, doesn't it?" he asks again and stands up. "Get ready and let's go," he continues as he walks into the bedroom.

A few minutes later he comes back with his favourite Liverpool jersey.

"Are you ready?" he asks me, running to the front door and putting his shoes back on.

"Paul. Come downstairs. It's two o'clock. And no, I'm not ready yet. I'm a woman and I need my time to get ready," I say and run into the bathroom to take a shower.

Even though I can't see him anymore, I notice that he rolls his eyes and sits down on the couch.

Two hours later I am showered, dressed and made up.

"I'm done now," I say as I walk into the living room.

I have to laugh a little when I see Paul sleeping.

He is like me. He can sleep anywhere, anytime.

"Paul!", I call out loud once.

He is so startled that he jumps up and has to laugh once himself.

"We can go," I say laughing from the sight.

He just rolls his eyes again, gets up and takes the keys from the shelf.

"Wow. How many people do you think are here?" I ask him as we walk straight into the stadium.

"It's completely sold out. I was lucky. Your manager called me earlier and said that he had two tickets left at the front and if I would like to have them because Liverpool is my favourite team. Of course I didn't say no."

"I'm going to the toilet. Go ahead, I'll find you anyway," I say as we finally make it through all the security checks.

The game starts in exactly 3 minutes. It must have taken longer than expected.

"Excuse me, but aren't you Leya Martinez?" a girl behind me suddenly asks.

"Yes, I am," I answer and smile at her.