34

I called him, wrote to him and went to his house.

He doesn't write back or is never at home when I come.

Denise won't listen to me either and always just sends me away.

And I don't even need to talk about my mother. She found out about all this from Denise and is now very disappointed in me.

But I didn't bother to explain it to her or set the record straight.

A little more than a month has passed since that day and I still can't forgive my mother for the house. It is too important to me for that.

"Jude, I know you've blocked my number because I annoy you when I write to you and I also know that I'm leaving you a voicemail for the 37th time, hoping that somehow you'll listen to it and forgive me. I've already told you 36 times, so I just want to tell you again that I love you and I won't give up until you've listened to me at least once," I say into my mobile phone and hang up.

I'm walking down the street to Jude's house when Tom suddenly runs into me.

It's bad enough that I have to see him almost every day at school and now I see him outside too.

"Oh hey, Leya. I didn't recognise you," he says as he walks past me and stops.

He tried to talk to me several times at school but never admitted what he was really doing. He has not apologised either.

"Leave me alone. How many times do I have to tell you?", I say as I walk briskly on.

"I don't understand what you're talking about," he says innocently.

I stop and look at him angry.

"You kissed me on purpose after I told you I loved Jude and was happy with him.You fucked everything up with that, but you know that. And now I want you to just leave me alone for that reason. I don't want to have anything to do with you," I say to him in a loud voice and just keep walking.

I don't care if he wants to say something else.

After 10 minutes I arrive at his house and ring the bell.

After a few seconds, Denise opens the door and rolls her eyes in annoyance.

She wants to close the door again, but I put my foot in and hold it open.

This time I don't just let the door slam in my face again.

"Denise, wait. I just want to talk, okay? If you still feel the same way afterwards, then I will never come here again or say a word about you or your son. But I beg you, let me explain."

She seems to think for a moment, but then waves me into the house with a wave of her hand.