25

Is that you?

Shit. The picture must be from earlier.

We've been seen together a few times and there's been a lot of speculation about whether we're a couple or not. Until now we haven't really commented on it, but now I think it's clear.

"What's wrong?" he asks me as he notices my thoughtful look.

I hand him my phone so he can see the picture.

He looks at the picture and then at me. "Oh.", is all he says.

"I don't know. It's not so bad for me. If it was up to me, everyone would have known much much sooner.", he finally says and hands me back my phone.

"Yeah I know, but it's not all about you," I say, looking out the window.

"I know that Leya, but is it that big of a problem for you to be seen with me?"

"No, it's not like that and you know it. I just don't like that much attention," I say without looking at him.

He takes my hand and says nothing for now. "If you want, I can try to make it right or something."

"No. It's okay. It would have come out sooner or later anyway," I say and smile at him again.

The rest of the drive is actually quiet until we finally arrive at his house.

"Did I tell you we're going on a school trip in six weeks?", I ask him as I make myself something to drink in the kitchen.

He is sitting at the kitchen island watching me.

"Now you've said it. Where are you going?"

"It's not quite decided yet. The choices are something in the mountains or London," I reply as I think about which ice cream to eat first.

I have chocolate, vanilla, mango and hazelnut.

"Then I hope it won't be the mountains," he says and laughs.

"I wouldn't be so sure about my class. They're all a bit special."