Radioactive

Adriana's POV: 

After barley filling a 1/4 of my closet with my clothes I decided to scroll through my social media. Loading up Instagram I see all the messages from my friends, them saying things like 'I'm so sorry about your mum' or 'How's New York'. And I had no idea how to respond to them. With my mother, I am not a forgiving person, and the three years of torment I had to endure wiped away all the good memories. As for New York, I've been here for two hours and I have met my six brothers. Most of whom seem to actually want me here. 

I look through my previous posts, me drinking and smoking with my friends, us driving down the motorway in a stolen car or spraying graffiti on the walls of tunnels. My best-friends were Oscar, Maisie and Will. They all knew what my home life was like and would allow me to stay over at their houses so I didn't have to go home. They all stopped by before I left for the airport and we had heartfelt goodbyes; well heartfelt for us. 

A knock at the door disturbs me from my thoughts, I answer for them to come in a it turns out to be Ezio, who look anything but joyful.

"It's time for dinner." He states with the ever growing scowl on his face. I adjust my tank top to cover me more as I grab my phone, sliding it in my adidas joggers pocket, and follow him out the room. 

We have been walking as he stares grimly in front of him. I decide to ask what his problem is because he's getting on my nerves. 

"Do you have an issue with people in general or just me?" He momentarily stops and glances down at me, some unknown emotion in his eyes. 

"Both." He grunts

"And what have I done?" I can see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to find an answer. 

"You come back after 14 years and they welcome you with open arms, as if you never left! You could be dangerous for all we know. I think your police file says that for itself." With the harshness of his words I grab his arm and pull him back to me. I grab his shoulder and bring him down to my level as I say creepily calm:

"You act as if I chose to leave, as if I chose to come back. I had a choice in neither. I am dangerous, but only to those who deserve it, so I suggest you stop pissing me off before you fall into that category. I have done nothing...yet. As for the police file, not everything is as it seems, there's two sides to every story. I have reasons for acting like I do, some more effective and justifiable than others." And I push him back and make my way to the chatter filled room. It's a lavish dining room, a grand dark oak table filled with six chairs either side, and two at each end. 

"Hello." I say, all five pairs of eyes turn to me, all sporting a smile at my presence, well except Alfonso who remains emotionless as always. Ezio makes his way in the room behind me and sits down next to his twin, his face once tan face now pale, eyes sporting either hatred or regret to me, I just can't tell which. 

"Come on Bambina, foods almost out." Larzo says as he motions to the chair next to him as he sits to the left of Alfonso. I sit down beside him and Dante, Ezio opposite me with the same glint in his eyes. 

Maids rush out of the door in the corner of the room, bringing with them trays of food. I didn't even know we had maids. They open the lids of the covered dishes to reveal Italian cuisine. Brilliant. 

Thankfully though mine is just a simple spaghetti and meatballs. 

"We thought we'd start you off with simple Italian food since you lived in British culture for so long." Alfonso states when he see me looking around, and I nod my head in understanding. "Also Adriana after dinner we need to go to my office to discuss some rules." Yay. Now we sit and eat our food.

The meals was delicious, that is a definite. Throughout the entire meal, barley anyone spoke, Ezio kept sending me the same glance over and over which became annoying and even more confusing. 

"Adriana." Alfonso says as he rises from his throne at the head of the table, motioning me to follow him. 

We, once again, go down various corridors and even up some stairs before we entre a grand, expensive looking office. Black and red coat the room and a paper covered desk in the centre of the room. Two arms chairs opposite the desk and a fire place for the two behind, all four black leather and able to fit two of me. 

"Sit down." Alfonso brakes me out of my glances as he motions for a chair in front of his desk. Unbuttoning his suit jacket he relaxes in his office chair, pouring a glass of irish whiskey and taking a sip as I slouch back on my chair before him. I lay my legs at each side of the chair and in front of me, my back against the backrest as the leather fits itself around my skin. 

He places his glass down on his desk before speaking, "I know bits and piece about you, but I would apricate you told me yourself. Starting with your home life."

I sigh and take another glance around the room then explain, "I had a step father who died, this changed my mother for the worse, long story short she overdosed."

His cold glare pierce me as he demands, "I don't want long story short, I want to know everything."

"You will know when I feel comfortable enough to share." I fire back. 

Shaking his head he begins with the rules I have to follow here. Yeah...no. 

"First rule, always a verbal answer and look me in the eyes as you speak. Second rule, respect for both me and your brothers-"

"Respect is earned both ways I'm afraid." I interrupt. And for a split second, I swear I saw his lips briefly tug into a smile.

"Anyway. Third, maintain your grades at school. I have read your record, try and improve your behaviour, I won't accept it unless I have a valid reason why your teachers wrote what they did." I just roll my eyes at this. All my teachers hated me. "No attitude. No drinking, drugs and stealing or any other offenses, we have a reputation to maintain and adding to your police report will tarnish it." Sure. "And it would be appreciated if you continue with your extra curricular activates, but that I will leave up to you. No more tattoos and if you want piercing you have to ask me. If you want to leave the property you have to tell one of us. And absolutely no lying.  Understand?" 

I'll probably end up braking half of these rules at some point. But do I care? not a bit.

"Yeah."

"Good now off to bed, I'm sure your tired after the long day you've had." With that I get up and make my way to the door. I turn the handle and as I begin to walk out Alfonso stops me.

"Adriana, when you decide you want to tell me the long version, I'll listen. I want to know it eventually to help me understand you." 

And I leave the room, after ten minutes of searching I find my door and collapse on my bed, not even bothering to change,