Poker Face

I wake up with sweat and tears streaming down my face. The nightmares invaded my sleep once again. It was that night, the one I want to forget the most. I walk into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face.

Looking in the mirror I can see my still puffy eyes, red and sore. Sighing I open the draw under the sink and take out my pills. Anxiety disorder and IED pills. Anxiety to help me stop thinking about the horrors of those ten months with them, and IED pills to keep me from killing people when I'm angry. I take two out of each and swallow them dry.

I decide theres no point in trying to go back to sleep considering it's four in the morning, so I grab my camera and go downstairs. I take a beer out of the fridge and make my way to the pool in the back garden.

I walk to the cliff balcony that over looks the city and take some photos with my camera. Whenever I can't sleep or I'm wandering around I take my camera so I can take some photos. Photography, stealing and driving are the only things that can actually calm me down. I take plenty of photos but my favourite one is when the sun has just risen. It overlooks the Brooklyn bridge after a lot of zooming in. It shows the city's buildings in the background adding to the effect of the sun. 

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I feel a presence behind me

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I feel a presence behind me. I turn and see that it is Ezio who has a questioning look on his face. 

"What?" I ask him. He doesn't answer, he just sits down next to me and swings his legs between the railing and the floor of the balcony like me. 

After a few moments of silence he finally speaks. "Why are you out here so early?"

"Bad dream." I bluntly respond while I edit the photo with my camera screen.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I turn and look at him through confused eyes. This is the same dickhead who has been a pain in the ass since I turned up.

"Why would you care about my bad dream, you hate me." I say. He just sighs and turns his gaze back to the city. I get board of the tense silence and stand up to leave but his hand grabs my wrist and brings me back down. 

"I was only three when you were taken." He begins. I just watch as he continues whatever this is. "I always knew I had a little sister, we spent years looking for you. Everytime we came close it turned out to be a dead end, time and time again I started to lose hope and I became someone who never smiled, never laughed, all I had was hate. I hate the fact that I barley remember anything about you when you were a baby, I hate that I gave up on finding you while the others kept looking. I hate the fact that once I lost hope, we got a phone call saying you were coming home. I just don't want to get used to having a sister again to lose you again. It ruined me when we lost you, I can't go through that again." By now tears were pooling out of his eyes as he looks into the distance. 

"So that's why you've been a dick?" Is all I manage to get out. He just chuckles and nods.

"I'm sorry." He tells me, finally looking into my eyes.